Illinois 117, Lindenwood 65 POSTGAME

For the second consecutive game, all scholarship players scored. Not much more to take from the box score as I did not watch. Not sure what the benefits are since this game does not count on the resume, but playing fast and loose...and well...does count in the players confidence bank.

Now comes the test of that confidence. If they can retain it and play together, there are three huge wins to be grabbed. It will be tough, but their NCAA resume is on the line. Three losses could crush this team, but I expect them to fight the horn regardless. The talent is there and they should be ready for the challenge.

Exactly what we needed to get from a schedule "game" like this. Confidence for alot of our players, good for Hamlin and Williams especially.

blackdog

Champaign
Biggest takeaway for me was Hamlin. Didn't know much about him with limited minutes before but not only is he athletic, he's got some nice touch around the basket.

CAIllini

West Coast
Didn't learn much from that one, but glad to see TF hit some shots. I can see holding AG out for the first half for arriving late to shoot-around, but to not play him at all seems a bit overkill when he was just starting to gain confidence.

Didn't learn much from that one, but glad to see TF hit some shots. I can see holding AG out for the first half for arriving late to shoot-around, but to not play him at all seems a bit overkill when he was just starting to gain confidence.
There is no overkill when talking about enforcing team rules and expectations. It's pretty easy....follow the rules, meet expectations and play in games. He's a sophomore...he knows better.

There is no overkill when talking about enforcing team rules and expectations. It's pretty easy....follow the rules, meet expectations and play in games. He's a sophomore...he knows better.
These types of attitudes amaze me. So if you are a couple of minutes late for your job and your superior gives you a month off without pay, it is okay. After all, there is no overkill when enforcing rules and expectations.

These types of attitudes amaze me. So if you are a couple of minutes late for your job and your superior gives you a month off without pay, it is okay. After all, there is no overkill when enforcing rules and expectations.
Yes it’s your job your not visiting your girlfriend you get paid to be there on time there are small exceptions to every situation but be on time at all cost or pay the piper it’s a choice

Yes it’s your job your not visiting your girlfriend you get paid to be there on time there are small exceptions to every situation but be on time at all cost or pay the piper it’s a choice

The athletes are being paid now?

I have seen plenty of superiors have rules for their "employees", then think those rules don't apply to them. Like showing up on time.

I'm fine with the discipline for being late, but I think sitting out the entire game may have been overkill. But, I'm not aware of the circumstances. Maybe this wasn't the first offense? Hopefully the coaching staff and AG are on the same page for this one.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL

This is a wildly false equivalency. They're college kids with free tuition playing a team sport. He sat out a game. He wasn't suspended without paid tuition for 1/12 of the year.