Illinois #23 in AP Poll

Can we just take a moment to appreciate that it is literally March, and not only is our season not effectively over, not only are we playing for seeding and not only are we technically still playing for a CONFERENCE TITLE, but these are our final two games...

#23 Illinois at #19 Ohio State
#18 Iowa at #23 Illinois

... and we will come into each with a chance to win. The turnaround is a beautiful thing!

texillwek

🔶🔹🔸🔷
Saw this in the AP top 25 write-up (by way of ESPN). Might as well just put Ohio state in the W column ;)

1583171822769.png

Can we just take a moment to appreciate that it is literally March, and not only is our season not effectively over, not only are we playing for seeding and not only are we technically still playing for a CONFERENCE TITLE, but these are our final two games...

#23 Illinois at #19 Ohio State
#18 Iowa at #23 Illinois

... and we will come into each with a chance to win. The turnaround is a beautiful thing!

The true fruits of our labor as fans, and my how laborious it has been for many a year....can only imagine how good the players feel, I has a fan feel exstatic that I can see the light at the end of this long journey back to any kind of prominence.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Really appreciate how it looks like they just inserted the Big Ten standings into the latter half of the rankings this week.

The Big Ten is going to collectively wreak some havoc in the NCAA tournament. Can't wait for the mayhem to begin!

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Can someone explain all the Michigan love in the AP poll? I really didn't understand why they were ranked 18 last week and surprised that they didn't drop out.

Can someone explain all the Michigan love in the AP poll? I really didn't understand why they were ranked 18 last week and surprised that they didn't drop out.

I was going to ask the same exact question. They have some nice wins early in the season (Gonzaga and Creighton) and a win over Michigan St. but they no longer deserve to be in the rankings.

Hard to figure on Katz rankings. He lists us as the no 13 team in the nation but has us as a 6 seed. Then he has creighton lower ranked than us but listed as a no.3 seed. should I be confused

haasi

New York
Hard to figure on Katz rankings. He lists us as the no 13 team in the nation but has us as a 6 seed. Then he has creighton lower ranked than us but listed as a no.3 seed. should I be confused
I think 13 is his own opinion about team rankings and 6 seed is his prediction as to the actual bracket, which will have a strong NET component.

Being one of the few to beat the Zags doesnt hurt. Plus many of the losses are without Livers. I dont know fact we lost without Ayo to Rutgers will factor in on selection day but i doubt it since we got whooped that game

Being one of the few to beat the Zags doesnt hurt. Plus many of the losses are without Livers. I dont know fact we lost without Ayo to Rutgers will factor in on selection day but i doubt it since we got whooped that game

It should at the very least negate the "whooping" aspect, and the committee will likely treat it as a generic road loss to a likely Tournament team in a gym where no other team has lost all year. Again, I won't set myself up for disappointment (expect the worst, and hope for the best!), but I think many here are underestimating how favorably the committee will see our resume amidst a sea of good-but-not-great teams this year...

... of course, this ALL hinges on us beating at least one of Iowa or OSU. If we lose both, we'd be sitting right at that mediocre seed line many here are predicting. Win one, and I think we move into 7-seed or even 6-seed territory before the BTT. Win both, and our resume looks as strong as most in the Big Ten.

haasi

New York
I’d bet Kofi FOY with Trayce, Wagner, Fredrick, and Watts on all frosh team. Kofi/Trayce is close though, and my personal bias may be showing.