Illinois 24, Wisconsin 23 POSTGAME

WOW.

What. A. Feeling.

DON'T WE DESERVE THIS?

Dear Brandon Peters - I bashed you in the game thread, and you had some pretty bad plays. But you made some man sized throws down the stretch.

Thanks for that run, DRE

LET'S DRINK!!!!

I am very happy for those players, especially the seniors. They deserve a moment like this!

And how about Lovie showing some of that emotion after the game and at the post game interview.

You got 5 more games Lovie. This aint over!!!!
He's got at least 16 more games now.

SKane

Tennessee
I thought that ILL would lose.

I am enjoying a meal of boiled crow with no salt, pepper or spices. It tastes very excellent.

I hope not unless we actually turn the corner and win some more games this season. 1 win does not make up for the rest of the season. Today was AWESOME. but I'm still not convinced he can win consistently here. Wisconsin runs the type of offense Lovie learned how to coach against 30 years ago. IF he can show he can stop the RPO/spread, he can stick around. Great win today though.
Lovie can coach. He just needs to continue to recruit and get some more transfers and juco guys so young ones can develop. Recruiting is what he needs to improve on. The play calling and development of his players is not the issue. We just need more players, transfers, and time for the young guys to develop. Wins like this with the highlights showing on all networks today will certainly help.

When Witherspoon got beat on the coverage but recovered to make the shoestring tackle, I texted my dad that it reminded me of Hawthorne's hustle play against Michigan from roughly a decade ago.

After the goalline stand, it started to feel more real. Now the comparison feels spot on--and this may replace that moment as my proudest one as an Illinois fan. What a team effort. What an AMAZING gameplan by Lovie to stop the run. Defensive line played their hearts out, linebackers flew around the field, DBs were out of position but played as hard as they could. Offense rose to the occasion.

Man I hope it works out for Lovie, and this made me confident it will. So happy for these players.

Well my pop who was a Professor Emeritus and season ticket holder for 30 years is looking down dancing like the Chief today. He got his one of his Masters at Miss State and his one of his Doctoral degrees at LSU. Today i know he would be outside tailgating having some cold ones until dark and not care about the LSU vs State game today!

Lovie made the recruiting pitch in his post-game interview on the field. Great day, and really hope we can have some good things happen in the back half of the year.

I think Doyle was on campus today. Position of need (aren't they all?)