Illinois 24, Wisconsin 23 POSTGAME

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/events/1185642448535506944

Sweet video from the field by the goal post!

Reminded me of taking down the goal post at NW and carried them down the street in Evanston to the river when we beat them and went to the Rose Bowl. That place was 90% ILLINI fans that day.

Was at SIU for Halloween when Rooks dove in for the score too. scored to b win too love days like these

Last edited:

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
My daughter, a freshman at U of I, was competing today at UIC in a Speech Tournament, I record every game, mostly fast forward, but hope to slowly enjoy positive moments. Didn't give a second thought of the game, as we walked into an establishment, saw the game winning field goal. Had to ask another patron if I was seeing this right. Fully expected a bad blowout. After knowing the score, came home and watched the game. Blown away with the play of the U of I defense. Iowa barely beat Purdue at home, maybe Purdue is a little better and Iowa is not as good as previously thought. Prior to today, I wouldn't think that we could score on MSU. Really, on paper this was our toughest match up, and we won. Lots of rambling, good night.

Some strange !!! posts here today. After a roller coaster of a day in the stands I will say one thing. These kids just DID NOT QUIT. Whatever you think about the coaching you can't argue with one thing. These kids played their collective hearts out. Every little thing had to line up perfectly for us to have a chance, winning the coin toss giving us the wind at our backs in the 4th, that goal line stand, that ankle tackle at the goal line, those catches, those turnovers... so many things had to break the right way and even when something did break the wrong way those kids didn't quit. The kids that have been grinding it out, with fans that walked out when we turned the ball over on our ten in the second half, those kids took advantage of the opportunities they were given. In those last two minutes they didn't get nervous and choke. Those last two minutes they played like a really good football team should play. That scoring drive to get us close. The INT. That first down. That kick. Ask the Bears what a kick like that means. Those kids did not quit and they hung together and that came from somewhere. So the one thing I'm taking away from this one game is that this team played hard. Hats off to the grinders. You deserved this. Don't talk about the rest of the season. Wait a day to talk about Purdue. Just stop for a moment and let's give thanks to the kids that have worked so hard. Awesome job men.

I looked at the final TOP numbers and we didn’t even crack 20 minutes (!!) which takes an already impressive defensive performance and makes it full-on bananas
We only converted 2 third downs. Not going to get much TOP when you do that.

Serious Late

Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
I just want to say that this was the best day as an Illini fan since AT LEAST the Illini win over Indiana in 2013 in basketball. Post-National Championship game it goes in no order:

2007 FB win over OSU
2013 BB win over IU
2019 FB win over UW

I dont have a strong opinion between those 3, but all 3 are much better than beating Colorado in the NCAA Tourney, minor bowl wins or early season BB tourney wins.

This might be the best day as an Illini fan in 14 years... THANKS LOVIE!!!!!!!

Was out of town and didn't watch the game. But weird stat line. Illinois had 19 minutes TOP, Wisky had 41. Illinois never had the ball in the red zone. One more weird stat line mentioned in the BIG post game. But we all will take the win. Kids never gave up.

Deleted member 656517

D
The table is set. Northwestern and Rutgers would make it 5. Purdue is looking more possible now. 6-6 and bowling is not out of reach yet.
We played with effort for the first time. Damn I love to see a team come together. Carry that momentum going forth. Tony Adam's at corner understands the zone

We played with effort for the first time. Damn I love to see a team come together. Carry that momentum going forth. Tony Adam's at corner understands the zone
If this team can get to six wins with Lovie at the helm, I'll gladly eat crow. Didn't get to see the game due to travel, but followed along and have seen highlights. I hope the team can keep it up.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Keep it going. Maybe we figured out what makes us win.

I have stopped listening to radio commentary.

Today was the first game in a long time that I skipped the illini radio feed also....

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_b1bae857-744e-5fc7-ae95-8338063493b1.html

Illinois linebacker Dele Harding led the team with 16 tackles and had a tackle for a loss. He, unlike Palczewski and most of his teammates, didn’t quite make it to the pile near midfield to celebrate. Instead he dropped to both knees on the sideline, covered his face with his hands and cried. He cried about how much this win means, about how much work his team has put in since their freshman year, about the lumps they’ve taken and about Bobby Roundtree, the injured defensive star.

It was so much. It all meant so much.
“We fought so hard from freshman year on up, this past summer and especially doing it for Bobby,” Harding said. “I broke down, man.”

I broke down too...such a needed victory for the beloved....

I stepped away to focus on other things, and this win was a hell of a way to come back.

The players don't get to step away. They've felt all the same pains we have over the past years and months, and more. But they've still shown up and put in the work. That's a hell of a challenge; to grind on when there's so much negativity thrown your way.

Utmost respect and love for these guys. They have stuck to it and are reaping the reward. Congratulations to the Illini team and to Illini nation!!!