Illinois 31, Kent State 24 POSTGAME

What an emotional rollercoaster. Seen the worst and best from the D. The O finally woke up in the 2nd half.
Winning feels good.

This was that Nathan Fillion/Castle speechless gif in the form of a football game. If you do nothing but juxtaposition the second half against the first half then ok I guess.

Really really awful first half. Playing an experienced team with multiple starters sitting the first game of the year, I guess i'll step back from ledge for now

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Give the players and coaches a lot of credit for fighting back and winning. However this does not portend well for this season or the state of the program.

Had the halves been flipped, would we be feeling better or worse about this game?
Hard to say. It's was nice to see the team respond. Leaving this game feeling good about WIU coming in now. Had the halfs been reversed, we are leaving worried and wondering WTF?

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
procĀ·ess
ĖˆprƤĖŒses,ĖˆprōĖŒses/
noun
noun: process; plural noun: processes
  1. 1.
    a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.
    "military operations could jeopardize the peace process"
    synonyms:procedure, operation, action, activity, exercise, affair, business, job, task, undertaking
    "investigation is a long process"
    • a natural or involuntary series of changes.
      "the aging process

As J Lehman said in the first half, we had receivers open but AJ Bush was late on his throws. And the goofiness of the 2 punt returns at the end of the first half was sad. Why do they teach fielding a kickoff on the sidelines within the 5 yard line at all? Once again, our punter is the most valuable player on the team. Our middle linebacker is the co-most valuable player on the team. I expected our offensive line to play much better than they did. At least the refs didn't flag holding every other play. And the referee got all his video replays correct and promptly. That coach of Kent State is a winner. Shots of Lovie on the sidelines show him as the least animated HC other than Paul Chryst.

Definitely a tale of two halves. Did Dudek get hurt on his last catch? He seemed pretty gimpy getting up, and it looked like he took the hit across his knee(s). I really like how the coaching staff adjusted on both sides of the ball. It seemed like KS had someone in our backfield on every pass play in the first half, and the second half it was much less pressure (maybe better play-action? or better scheming?). Glad to see the entire team respond and take the win that in previous years would most certainly have been an L. And Blake Hayes? Holy moly we have a punter. 5 punts avg 53 yds/punt, a long of 69. Whaven't hada punter like that in .. ..?

I for 1 have not lost hope.
After we started "running the ball" we seemed to take control of the game and Defense even got a breather.
First post long time lurker just wanted to throw my 2 cents in .
GO ILLINI