Illinois 37, Michigan State 34 POSTGAME

Right on! My brother has an account on cigar dot com and is going to order some for us to smoke when I visit over the holidays... Thanks!
Your welcome.
I also have an account there and usually buy a sampler pack and have not been let down yet.

Deleted member 29907

D

Deleted member 645583

D
cannot understand how a team can look so bad and the other team so good and then a complete reversal of fortune. You have now entered the twilight zone. Congrats to the Illini. Who would have thunk it?
Rod Serlling.

Sorry if this is a repeat - but anyone else think that Peters basically executed the lookaway pass on the defender- probably not exactly a no-look, but seems the he had the defender convinced Barker was going to the corner. And, Barker is just a stud - love the kids confidence and you know he's catching that ball.

Yes. He clearly engages. That’s a fantastic job by Brandon.

Mark Dantonio in the post-game press conference:

giphy.gif

Been our best player and is probably a late 1st round or 2nd round pick. It has been worth everything if he goes pro to be a part of this historic turnaround.

I’m not a draft or professional guy, you and others would be more knowledgeable than myself on that topic. All I know is that he’s ready for the level. If he got a decent analysis from the committee, I wouldn’t blame him if he left.

And while that would sting for 2020, long term this is what we want. This is what our program needs.

ChiefIlliniwek

Omaha, Nebraska
Wow. Just wow. My first born child is arriving in about a month. Wife and I were in all day birthing and baby class thing all day today. Periodically glanced at the score and thought, "Well, I figured it might be ugly." Made it home in time to watch the 4th quarter. Unreal comeback. So happy for Lovie and the team. As an earlier post alluded to, yes... that end zone pass interference call is one that rarely seems to go the Illini's way. As soon as it happened... I said, "That's the exact same way Illinois beat Nebraska four years ago on four straight plays to the end zone." My wife and in laws (I live in Nebraska) did not find that bit of information quite so enjoyable.

At any rate... I jokingly told my wife the other day that if Illinois can pull off a victory at Michigan State maybe we can name our child Lovie. That idea never made it out of the hangar. Oh well!

GO ILLINI! BOWLING!!

:chief:

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Wow. Just wow. My first born child is arriving in about a month. Wife and I were in all day birthing and baby class thing all day today. Periodically glanced at the score and thought, "Well, I figured it might be ugly." Made it home in time to watch the 4th quarter. Unreal comeback. So happy for Lovie and the team. As an earlier post alluded to, yes... that end zone pass interference call is one that rarely seems to go the Illini's way. As soon as it happened... I said, "That's the exact same way Illinois beat Nebraska four years ago on four straight plays to the end zone." My wife and in laws (I live in Nebraska) did not find that bit of information quite so enjoyable.

At any rate... I jokingly told my wife the other day that if Illinois can pull off a victory at Michigan State maybe we can name our child Lovie. That idea never made it out of the hangar. Oh well!

GO ILLINI! BOWLING!!

Go ahead....name your baby...Bhebhe.

GO ILLINI! BOWLING!!

Imatorbhebhe sounds like a good first name. :)

cannot understand how a team can look so bad and the other team so good and then a complete reversal of fortune. You have now entered the twilight zone. Congrats to the Illini. Who would have thunk it?

Based on just ratios, if the Illini would have started playing at the beginning of the game the way they did after being down 28-3, this would have been your final score:
Illinois 49 - MSU 9
493 yards to 394 yards
6 turnovers to 1 turnover

It was like watching two different Illini teams. One played from the beginning of the game until 11:24 left in the 2nd quarter. Then an entirely different football game was played.

Last edited:

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
Had to work all afternoon and this evening, and it looked like I wasn't going to miss much. Then before my meal break, I saw that the Illini had pulled within 1. I was fortunate enough to listen to the ending on the radio. Man oh man, was I pumped, and after watching the highlights, hats off to Brandon Peters for putting on his Big Boy Pants today. Made some incredible throws under duress, although I'm still shocked that Bhebe was that open on 4th and 17.