Illinois 37, Michigan State 34 POSTGAME

Deleted member 652352

D
giphy.gif

FT35

Naperville
The McCourt missed extra point actually helped us at the end. We may have just kicked a FG to send it to overtime if we were down by three.

Just incredible in so many ways. Now Fitzee can't end our season.

Wow!!!! Biggest come back in school in history against a very good defense on the road. Going to a bowl game for the first time in the Lovie Smith tenure.
Congratulations Fighting Illini, coach Smith and the whole staff on what many thought wouldn't happen this season.
We still got Iowa & Northwestern, GO ILLINI!!!!

Deleted member 651864

D
When we were 2-4, I was one of the people asking for Lovie's dismissal. I am eating crow and it tastes great!!! You just have to add a little barbecue sauce. Congrats to the Illini players and coaches. Way to persevere when not many people believed in you! Dang there have been some great times over the years of Illini football but the last 4 games have been right at the top for me along with thewin against Michigan in 1983, wins at Michigan in 1993 and 1998, the Ohio State win in 2007, a couple of Penn State wins, etc. These last 4 wins mean so much more for different reasons. We are relevant again. Thank you to the football gods, and thank you Chief Illini!!