Illinois 37, Michigan State 34 POSTGAME

illini80

Forgottonia
Holy cow. I wonder what the odds that my Dvr recorded even half of the 4th quarter are. Not good I’m guessing. I heard a good part of the first 2 1\2 quarters and nothing indicated a comeback was brewing.

I've watched that last play a dozen times. Dre made a fantastic cut block on a blitzing LB to give Peters an extra second or two to find Barker.

Nice catch.

Brandon runs a lot of plays, like the screen pass early in the game that he completely fails to sell but this one he sold perfectly. Leads the underneath defender out of position and delivered a strike. Beautiful.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
giphy (17).gif
ORANGE POWER

giphy (48).gif

Bad Karma for MSU...you reap what you sow !!!!!!!

tom-izzo-is-stunned-against-indiana.gif

Mike, say it ain't so...........

Last edited:
The McCourt missed extra point actually helped us at the end. We may have just kicked a FG to send it to overtime if we were down by three.

Just incredible in so many ways. Now Fitzee can't end our season.
That was my biggest fear that the school up north would screw us out a bowl. NOT NOW pussycats. I Confess I NEVER thought we had a chance at the end of the third quarter. WE ARE BOWLING MAN!!!!

Big Kat

Austin, TX
Checking in from Austin here. Dallas usually looks pretty good in December, although not so much last year. The NHL Winter Classic is moving the First Responder Bowl to SMU’s stadium, which is quite a bit smaller than the Cotton Bowl. Might be a tough ticket?