Agree play calling was very vanilla. Peters has to pull out and run 4 to 6 times a game or Reggie will struggle to consistently pick up yardage. Home run or strike out. Peters throws outside routes well but we rarely hit anything over middle or even to backs. Flanker screens generally don't work. If Ricky comes back and catches ball it could help but we won't beat good teams without a better mix of plays. It may be risky but we can't count on defensive scores to win games every week.Good Day gents. My quick (hopefully) rundown of the game from a frozen arse in section 108 perspective:
1. Behe didn't maintain possession throughout his fall. Not a catch and I am glad Lovie didn't waste a challenge
2. I am unsettled about the offensive strategy. The past 3 weeks we seem to be beating the opposing D down with constant runs till the second half where we start to break some. Then we sprinkle in a little more down field throws. Ok if we keep it close I guess I can understand that. But odds are we wont move that ball against better teams with this lack of stretching the field. Bebe had one on one coverage with no safety help for basically the entire game. The idea of pounding the rock is to get those ideal matchups. We had the matchup, call the play! If Peters was not so inexperienced, I would also be content with the very conservative strategy. But he needs actual passing reps to prepare for the tougher defenses the rest of the season.
3. The offensive line apparently needs reps in passing protection as well. Any stunt and they looked lost as hell
4. From my view point the stadium looked decent filled. It wasn't overly loud though. But I was also in the daycare section I think. Young kids EVERYWHERE. Guess what, 6 year old little girls don't care about the football game. I am not saying don't fill the seats, just pointing out the environment
5. I am not sure how many people actually saw the Bobby video at halftime. It was freeking cold and the majority of us all went inside for the entire halftime. I had no idea the video was played.
6. Coran, Randolph, Gay and brother Sidney looked good
They are running a ticket special for the Northwestern game. $10 tickets of purchases of at least 4 tickets for the horseshoe and second level up until Wednesday I believe