Illinois 38, Rutgers 10 POSTGAME

Good Day gents. My quick (hopefully) rundown of the game from a frozen arse in section 108 perspective:
1. Behe didn't maintain possession throughout his fall. Not a catch and I am glad Lovie didn't waste a challenge
2. I am unsettled about the offensive strategy. The past 3 weeks we seem to be beating the opposing D down with constant runs till the second half where we start to break some. Then we sprinkle in a little more down field throws. Ok if we keep it close I guess I can understand that. But odds are we wont move that ball against better teams with this lack of stretching the field. Bebe had one on one coverage with no safety help for basically the entire game. The idea of pounding the rock is to get those ideal matchups. We had the matchup, call the play! If Peters was not so inexperienced, I would also be content with the very conservative strategy. But he needs actual passing reps to prepare for the tougher defenses the rest of the season.
3. The offensive line apparently needs reps in passing protection as well. Any stunt and they looked lost as hell
4. From my view point the stadium looked decent filled. It wasn't overly loud though. But I was also in the daycare section I think. Young kids EVERYWHERE. Guess what, 6 year old little girls don't care about the football game. I am not saying don't fill the seats, just pointing out the environment
5. I am not sure how many people actually saw the Bobby video at halftime. It was freeking cold and the majority of us all went inside for the entire halftime. I had no idea the video was played.
6. Coran, Randolph, Gay and brother Sidney looked good

They are running a ticket special for the Northwestern game. $10 tickets of purchases of at least 4 tickets for the horseshoe and second level up until Wednesday I believe
Agree play calling was very vanilla. Peters has to pull out and run 4 to 6 times a game or Reggie will struggle to consistently pick up yardage. Home run or strike out. Peters throws outside routes well but we rarely hit anything over middle or even to backs. Flanker screens generally don't work. If Ricky comes back and catches ball it could help but we won't beat good teams without a better mix of plays. It may be risky but we can't count on defensive scores to win games every week.

Deleted member 656517

D
We asked the players to trust the process and invest into our alma mater. When we hit our next setback I asked the fans to do the same.

Matt Millen made it a point that the program needs fans and students at the game. Possibly for Northwestern the University gives away 10K tickets
You can count on my family of 5 being there. They don’t give a hoot about Illinois sports, but after seeing my reaction to the team the last 3 weeks they can’t help themselves from jumping on the bandwagon... Even paying for my ticket and everything! Finally seems like we’re headed in the right direction when the team’s creating new Illini fans lol

Deleted member 656517

D
Good Day gents. My quick (hopefully) rundown of the game from a frozen arse in section 108 perspective:
1. Behe didn't maintain possession throughout his fall. Not a catch and I am glad Lovie didn't waste a challenge
2. I am unsettled about the offensive strategy. The past 3 weeks we seem to be beating the opposing D down with constant runs till the second half where we start to break some. Then we sprinkle in a little more down field throws. Ok if we keep it close I guess I can understand that. But odds are we wont move that ball against better teams with this lack of stretching the field. Bebe had one on one coverage with no safety help for basically the entire game. The idea of pounding the rock is to get those ideal matchups. We had the matchup, call the play! If Peters was not so inexperienced, I would also be content with the very conservative strategy. But he needs actual passing reps to prepare for the tougher defenses the rest of the season.
3. The offensive line apparently needs reps in passing protection as well. Any stunt and they looked lost as hell
4. From my view point the stadium looked decent filled. It wasn't overly loud though. But I was also in the daycare section I think. Young kids EVERYWHERE. Guess what, 6 year old little girls don't care about the football game. I am not saying don't fill the seats, just pointing out the environment
5. I am not sure how many people actually saw the Bobby video at halftime. It was freeking cold and the majority of us all went inside for the entire halftime. I had no idea the video was played.
6. Coran, Randolph, Gay and brother Sidney looked good

They are running a ticket special for the Northwestern game. $10 tickets of purchases of at least 4 tickets for the horseshoe and second level up until Wednesday I believe
7. Defense collectively runs to the football

Deleted member 654622

D
Anybody catch which OL were in there (besides Cerny) when the starters were pulled?
Verdis Brown played right guard. I was watching him when he came in. Honestly a little disappointed. Not that he did back, but he didn't dominate anyone like I was hoping

LJ22

Chicago, IL

They sell family packs of tickets (in certain sections) that are aimed at people with kids. I hope my kid goes to so many Illini games that she doesn't even know other universities exist.