Illinois 41, Nebraska 23 Postgame

ILLINIShox24

Orange Krush '04 & '05
Comments from a Nebraska board

"Nebraska has lost its identity. Trying to become the Oregon of the Big Ten is doomed to failure. Swing passes, quick outs, and --good god -- never ending QB draws - McCaffrey had 20 carries ......in the first half.

Did Frost really believe that snapping it to McCaffrey and have him run 30 times was going to defeat Illinois? Say what you want about Lovie Smith as HC but that man knows how to coach defense.
Everyone by now knows where the holes are in a cover 2 defense. Pretty foolish to not take advantage of it. I wouldn't mind Frost not living up to expectations at Nebraska.

I found it interesting when the Nebraska play by play guy said on a normal home football game 1 out of every 20 people in the entire state are in the stadium. :oops:
A buddy of mine is from there and his family has session tickets. I’ve been to two games there since they joined the B1G. They had something like a 280 game sellout streak before this year. I’m sure they’ll carry it forward due to the weird circumstances of COVID. It’s one hell of an atmosphere and was very friendly towards Illini fans. It’s the third biggest city in Nebraska on games days.

Everyone by now knows where the holes are in a cover 2 defense. Pretty foolish to not take advantage of it. I wouldn't mind Frost not living up to expectations at Nebraska.

It's not a ton of Cover 2. We play a lot of Cover 4 out of a Cover 2 look. If we were in Cover 2 we wouldn't constantly give up 5 yards in the flat.

Luke Ford has gotten 1 reception all season. I really don't understand what is going on there at all. We made such a big fuss about him being immediately eligible and now that he actually is, we don't use him at all? Is he injured or out or something that I'm missing?
He is getting a lot of time. He might not be in for a lot of pass plays because he could be our third best pass catching tight end.

What an entertaining game!!!
Best first half of Illini football that I can remember. If there was any question of One coming in for a series, Peters put that to bed and didn’t give a chance. Team was ready to go out of the gate between Joseph’s big hit on opening kickoff to fumble recovery/awareness on next play. Complete opposite of normal. Every area of Offense played well, defense played well on each level.
What if Illinois does well against below average QBs, but poor defense against good QB? So, OSU will be trouble. Iowa?? I have not seen QB but avg? Ramsey avg?
More competiveness and entertainment! Keep it rolling.