Illinois 41, Nebraska 23 Postgame

altgeld88

Arlington, Virginia
Something I never thought I'd say as an Illini football fan but did this afternoon while talking BT football with a friend who went to IU:

"Boy, I wish we could trade those games against Iowa and N'western for successive weeks playing Penn State and Michigan!"

2020, man.

Looked like the offense changed in a phone booth before the game. I kept looking for the big red S under their jerseys.

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL
Missed it. Anybody care to share?
Personally, I was amused. Nebby wanted a season so badly and it's not working out for them.

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_152825.jpg
    IMG_20201121_152825.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 345
Congrats to the Illini! Today was the the best I have seen an Illini QB perform in years. Great job by both sides of the ball. Any news yet on the injuries to Newton, Barnes, and the scary injury to Colin Miller for the Huskers?

BillyBob1

Champaign
I need someone to look this up for me: Is this the first time that an Aussie punter has run for a first down for Illinois? I think it actually may be.
Not true. Illinois had a punter in early 80’s name Crocodile Dundee. His run was for a touchdown.

It's great to get our second win. Congrats to the players and coaching staff. However, I'm still concerned about our play calling, lack of pass rush, no blitzes and a porous secondary. Thank goodness their quarterback had trouble throwing the ball similar to what we saw with IW last week. Look out Ohio State.

Deleted member 747277

D
Personally, I was amused. Nebby wanted a season so badly and it's not working out for them.
Agreed. I saw it as less a taunt about the game, and more about their overzealous push to start the season (which week one resulted in cancelled games and athletes missing weeks due to covid)

Saw bits of PSU and Michigan. Feel Illinois has more of a complete team and more competent play at the QB position. Michigan has a couple of speedy players but overall lack the usual NFL prototype QB, RB, and WR
**Minny Gopher troll is pretty funny

unimaroon

Baja Ontario
Congrats to the Illini! Today was the the best I have seen an Illini QB perform in years. Great job by both sides of the ball. Any news yet on the injuries to Newton, Barnes, and the scary injury to Colin Miller for the Huskers?
From last night - According to Husker athletics, "Collin Miller was transported to Bryan LGH West Hospital for precautionary reasons. Miller has movement in all of his extremities, and the results of all diagnostic imaging and testing on Miller were normal. He will stay overnight at the hospital for observation and at this point the prognosis looks promising."

Glad to hear that Miller seems ok. Think I was finally confident we were going to win after the quasi-fake punt, but still thinking how we could screw this up. Wondering if we could have another win (PU likely) or 2 if Peters played all the games.

B10 west > B10 east.
West 17 wins total vs 14 losses.
6-3 west vs east.
Don't think anyone thought this would ever happen.
Decimal correction:
OSU + 0.345

GO ILLINI!

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Luke Ford has gotten 1 reception all season. I really don't understand what is going on there at all. We made such a big fuss about him being immediately eligible and now that he actually is, we don't use him at all? Is he injured or out or something that I'm missing?

illini80

Forgottonia
Luke Ford has gotten 1 reception all season. I really don't understand what is going on there at all. We made such a big fuss about him being immediately eligible and now that he actually is, we don't use him at all? Is he injured or out or something that I'm missing?
I don’t know how many snaps he had yesterday, but he’s played well in blocking situations. Not sure why he’s not targeted more other than Barker has played well.

illini80

Forgottonia
To each his own I guess. When we just won our first game in 96 years in Lincoln I wouldn’t be getting cocky but I’m in the minority here so it’s just my old man coming out.

200.gif

And honestly, if it weren’t for Nebraska and Ohio State we wouldn’t be playing football at all so I give them props for having the balls to stand up and fight for a season. I found it interesting when the Nebraska play by play guy said on a normal home football game 1 out of every 20 people in the entire state are in the stadium. :oops:

SKane

Tennessee
Comments from a Nebraska board

"Nebraska has lost its identity. Trying to become the Oregon of the Big Ten is doomed to failure. Swing passes, quick outs, and --good god -- never ending QB draws - McCaffrey had 20 carries ......in the first half.

Did Frost really believe that snapping it to McCaffrey and have him run 30 times was going to defeat Illinois? Say what you want about Lovie Smith as HC but that man knows how to coach defense.

No way Moos fires Frost
Frost is reluctant to change
Nebraska is becoming Iowa State"

To each his own I guess. When we just won our first game in 96 years in Lincoln I wouldn’t be getting cocky but I’m in the minority here so it’s just my old man coming out.

200.gif

And honestly, if it weren’t for Nebraska and Ohio State we wouldn’t be playing football at all so I give them props for having the balls to stand up and fight for a season. I found it interesting when the Nebraska play by play guy said on a normal home football game 1 out of every 20 people in the entire state are in the stadium. :oops:
I get what you are saying. The other thing is, the rest of the college football world isn't laughing just because Nebraska got blown out, it's that they got blown out against Illinois.

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO
Great job by the entire team and coaching staff yesterday. It's been a long time since they put on a commanding performance like that in a B1G game (even last year's "easy wins" against Purdue and Rutgers were much closer statistically than the scores). Enjoy the results Illinois Football.

And this from the Husker Board, that could easily have been a post from this board during the first three weeks of the season:
Husker Board: The more I think about today's game