Illinois 54, Rutgers 51 POSTGAME

Alan and Trent combine for 7 points on 17 shots. We win regardless. Someone always steps up when we need it. Ayo is Mr. Late game and this team is special

Brookslyn

Los Angeles, CA
Despite the stats from the 1st half this team just kept fighting... physical toughness is there and mental toughness is setting in with every win. Going to be a crazy 2020!

LeinieGuy

Will work for bourbon
Lexington, KY
Was there an earthquake in Chambana? Seemed like everyone on that court missed shots to the outside of the rim today. Brick city.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
This finish after the emotional finish at WI tells me that we are right on track.

Lots of credit to Rutgers defense, but our decision making on offense was pathetic in the first half. Lots of room for growth for us here.

Props to the coaching staff for some half time adjustments.
Props to Dre' for not giving up on his game.
Props to Ayo for being Ayo.
Props to the refs. Let em' get after each other hard.

Props to the House of Paign!

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Illini Crowd, Rebounding, The Killer Dosunmu - A
The bench - B
Refs - C
Giorgi - D
3 pt shooting, 2 pt shooting, layup shooting, any kind of shooting except free throws - F

Terrible game but HUGE WIN! I-L-L!
I'd give a B+ to the refs and Giorgi. Giorgi did a lot of things that don't show up in the box score. And the refs let them play and made a lot of good calls while missing only a handful.

Never thought I'd say this about a Rutgers game, but that was a big win!! Great job guys!

In the short history of Rutgers in the B1G, nearly every game between the teams has been down to the wire. There was Giorgi's amazing 2OT game last year. We won a 3OT game in Piscataway and also once lost a buzzer beater there.

Flight#33

Flight#33
D UP!!! Wow , Ayo was gonna be denied.

Rutgers is impressive, they hit some tuff shots.
Great team defense by Illinois

IlliniReb

Dallas-Fort Worth
Illini Crowd, Rebounding, The Killer Dosunmu - A
The bench - B
Refs - C
Giorgi - D
3 pt shooting, 2 pt shooting, layup shooting, any kind of shooting except free throws - F

Terrible game but HUGE WIN! I-L-L!

I’d give the refs a B+...thought they let them play and calls were pretty even across the board.
Giorgi....D. Love him, but man was he forcing it and bad in the 1st half

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Love the effort. Great to win a game when the shots aren’t falling. Andres didn’t quit and ended up big. Ayo clearly raises his floor and shows great killer instinct.

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Means a lot to shoot like that and pull out a W. Gritty win. I wish we had something more at the Nichols/Jones sub spot, but it is what it is.

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
I'd give a B+ to the refs and Giorgi. Giorgi did a lot of things that don't show up in the box score. And the refs let them play and made a lot of good calls while missing only a handful.

On each of Andre’s layups, Giorgi did a tremendous job of boxing out, and he dove on the floor, hustling for loose balls, getting floor burns in the process. This was one of those games, especially in the 2nd half, where every trip down the floor, little factors not seen in the box score impacted the result. Little things. Ayo played a great 2nd half and showed he is and wants to be the Illini closer and leader.
I-L-L

Rad

Nashville, TN
Great win! The team is really competing and figuring out ways to get it done. Kudos to Feliz. He had some big buckets at critical times. Some big rebounds including from Ayo and AG. Go Illini!!!

House of Paign.jpg

Yep...we did get some calls at the end that helped. I'll take "let them play" most games.