Illinois 54, Rutgers 51 POSTGAME

Not only are we in 2nd place, the teams we have played have a 17-11 record in B1G play which has to constitute one of the toughest schedules to date.

I'd be tempted to say that this second-place spot we're in is a fluke and that the Illini are bound to return to the pack, but this is why I'm not so sure that's going to happen.

Already matched last year’s win total. Go .500 rest of the way and the record is 19-12 (11-9). Win a couple games in the BTT, and that’s a 7 seed.

That would be awesome, but the past couple games have me wanting more. 13-7 and double bye in the BTT. It will be tough but very possible. The thing I loved the most about the past 2 games is our offense got better in the 2nd half. Every game in this conference is a dog fight and being able to make those adjustments is huge.

breadman

Herndon, VA
I'd be tempted to say that this second-place spot we're in is a fluke and that the Illini are bound to return to the pack, but this is why I'm not so sure that's going to happen.
Tend to agree with you. Only 6 games into league play so plenty of movement can happen. But that's for every team. Will be an interesting season.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
It's been a looooonnnnnnnnggggggg 10 years.

Our strong defense (plus Kofi in the middle + a 5-star handling the ball at the end of games) tells me it might not be a mirage.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
I hate criticizing individual performances cause these are kids - but Damontes stat line today... ouch. I don’t mind AG coming off the bench but you need more from those 13 minutes.

chrisRunner7

Spokane, WA
I hate criticizing individual performances cause these are kids - but Damontes stat line today... ouch. I don’t mind AG coming off the bench but you need more from those 13 minutes.

Damonte has a good attitude and good effort, but I can't see him improving much from here on out... he's like a slightly worse version of Chester Frazier. Only reason he's probably still starting is Griffin still picks up quick freshman fouls... but AG is gonna force Underwood to start him soon.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Damonte has a good attitude and good effort, but I can't see him improving much from here on out... he's like a slightly worse version of Chester Frazier. Only reason he's probably still starting is Griffin still picks up quick freshman fouls... but AG is gonna force Underwood to start him soon.
I'm going to rate C. Frazier a 6.0/10.0 during his senior year. He was a good contributor. I think DW might be a 3.0 at the midpoint of his Jr. season.

Obviously they’re metrics but what exactly are NET and KenPom?

And what does Quad One mean?

Tacomallini

Washington State
Kudos to the team for (mostly) staying out of foul trouble in a pretty physical game. Kipper had 4, Trent and Andres had 3 but didn't feel like it was a factor.
Kudos to the woman who's in the 1st row every home game directly across from the Illinois bench. Ayo hits 2 big free throws to go up 2 with 1:35 left and she snaps around and starts yelling at the crowd to get on the feet and cheer.