Illinois 55, Minnesota 31 POSTGAME

South Farms

near Ogden & Rt 83
I'm back on the bandwagon, after having jumped off after Purdue
th

Deleted member 11159

D
What team did they bus in to wear Illinois uniforms today? ;)

It's like on Top Gear when they kidnapped James May and snuck in The Stig to take his place.

Was NOT expecting this by any stretch of the imagination.

OK, I gave up last week, caught the 2nd quarter score on the radio, turned the TV on, and Minny had an 8 yard run, so I turned it off. Score was 24-14 at the time, I believe. For those who watched, should I watch next week?

Have a beer for everyone one of us and go to sleep.

We will take care of the game for you.

Thanks for not watching.

Deleted member 746094

D
The team we played today is as young as we are and supposedly has higher rated recruits. We dominated a team that mirrors our current roster for the most part.

The team showed me something today as they didn’t just win they dominated Minny. Especially from an offensive standpoint.

That being said, it has to be sustained beyond just one game. We need to play well and be in a position to win next week in NE and then compete at home against a good Iowa team the following week and I will believe we are making progress. If we revert back to getting smoked for 40pts and 500+ yds this game means nothing other than we beat a bad team.

I'm real curious as to what made today happen. Did it take this long to click? Did the defensive playcalling just need to improve?

Yeah, Minnesota is bad, but it's not like they went into this game as a dumpster fire, particularly on defense.

Takeaways from this game for me:

This offense is starting to kick into high gear. We made a decent D look ridiculous.

Lovie called more blitzes and they all were highly effective. I thought Lovie called a good defensive game.

The players as a whole came out and played much harder today.

Kendrick Green is one of the most nimble/fast 300 pounders I have ever seen. He will play on Sundays.

I'm real curious as to what made today happen. Did it take this long to click? Did the defensive playcalling just need to improve?

Yeah, Minnesota is bad, but it's not like they went into this game as a dumpster fire, particularly on defense.

Thing is, Minnesota isn't bad. If you go by Football Outsiders they are better than Maryland or Nebraska and just behind Northwestern. They're mediocre but not bad

That wasn't Rutgers that we whipped out there today

Great to get a win. Lovie had the team ready makes me wonder what the heck Nickerson was doing in meetings and play calling