Illinois 55, Minnesota 31 POSTGAME

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
A very pleasant way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon, watching the beloved snap an eight game BIG home losing streak and bounce back from the Terp disaster....

The offense was great and Reggie C. should be in the picture for BIG honors for this week and end of season....he is a scatback deluxe with phenomenal speed and shifty moves ..

Once again, a great way to spend my Saturday afternoon....On to Lincoln and dehusking the cornjerkers.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Also you really missed out on Fleck playing with himself at least 6 or 7 times. I hope I'm not the only one that noticed this.

Was like Ditka during a Monday Night game versus the Vikings back in 1987.

Deleted member 649710

D
How did the team that looked so good today look so terrible the past two weeks? Head scratcher.

ilphotog

The camera never lies
Champaign
Ok for those who watched on TV what did you think of the two calls on fumbles. From watching several replays on the Big Screen from the field, it looked like Illinois got hosed on both.

the national

the Front Range
Ok for those who watched on TV what did you think of the two calls on fumbles. From watching several replays on the Big Screen from the field, it looked like Illinois got hosed on both.
I thought the one before the half was totally a catch and fumble. He had two hands on it and made a football move. That was a terrible call. My wife who is a Hawkeye fan started yelling at the tv over how bad the call was. She made me proud šŸ˜

On the first one there was a slight bobble on the catch which is why they said he didn't have possession. I won't call it a blatant missed call but I do believe most refs would've ruled that a catch.

Second fumble the Minnesota player clearly recovered in bounds. 100% the right call...but I still enjoyed the boo's.

The team we played today is as young as we are and supposedly has higher rated recruits. We dominated a team that mirrors our current roster for the most part.

The team showed me something today as they didnā€™t just win they dominated Minny. Especially from an offensive standpoint.

That being said, it has to be sustained beyond just one game. We need to play well and be in a position to win next week in NE and then compete at home against a good Iowa team the following week and I will believe we are making progress. If we revert back to getting smoked for 40pts and 500+ yds this game means nothing other than we beat a bad team.

This game proves to me we already made progress, compared to last year. We now have 6 good games and 3 bad games. I don't care what the final score of that Penn St game is, we were competitive. The offensive transformation has been incredible, especially considering our QB play has been inconsistent.

blackdog

Champaign
Not just the play calling but the defense looked much better prepared and Lovie said as much after the game. Not nearly as much pre snap confusion and missed assignments.

blackdog

Champaign
Also Reggie said it after the game and it really shows how much better the blocking is this year compared to last.

the national

the Front Range
On the first one there was a slight bobble on the catch which is why they said he didn't have possession. I won't call it a blatant missed call but I do believe most refs would've ruled that a catch.

Well, it was called a catch, and subsequent fumble sooo...

They had no business overturning that, no evidence. Personally, I donā€™t think he bobbled it, I thought he was repositioning it when it was knocked out. Again, this is just MO

Tackle, tackle & tackle. It changes the game.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
We probably will not play well against the last three teams. Lovie is doing just fine.

If we don't play well, then Lovie isn't doing fine.

Three good performances might end up with us 0-3, but what matters is that we go out and give good performances.

That was night and day from every single other game this year today. A pulse, thank god, a pulse.

Fair enough. I agree we progressed...today.

My point was that if we go back to the defense of old and lose by 3 and 4 TDā€™s today will be slotted as a win against a bad Minnesota team and this board will resemble attitude of last week instead of this week. Progress is measured as sustainable improvement over time. Not one game where everything clicked against a team that may be less talented and less experienced than we are. JMO.

And over time we have showed progress. Every team has good weeks and bad weeks. Over the course of this season we have proved to have more good weeks than last season...progress.