Illinois 59, Minnesota 51 POSTGAME

I understand the hope that Tev will be the player that some people think he could me... I just don't accept the criticisms of the coach for playing someone else instead of Tev (for instance, there can be no question that Tyler Underwood provided more of what we needed than Tev in the few minutes where someone was needed to help us get through the half and be in a position to win the game in the second half)

there is no way of knowing why some players thrive and others do not even when the skill set is entirely positive in both cases... i remember many years ago when i was on the faculty at the U of I going out to Parkland to watch an exhibition game with Kevin Garnett and Ronnie Fields.... they were seniors in high school and both put on a mouth-watering display of talent and athleticism... both seemed certain to be stars either in college or the NBA... of course, Garnett was; Ronnie Fields... no... one can easily explain things away by saying that young people make wrong choices... there is no doubt that is true... but sometimes people rise above their bad choices... look at one of my own favorite Illinis, Kendrick Nunn, as an example...

tev's fate is not set in stone... he can still rise up and reach his potential, hopefully with the Illini, but if not, then somewhere else... but nothing is a given... remember Alex Legion?

Tev going to need a huge jump next year to even get playing time. Kipper leaving opens a spot but have Grandison, BBV, and Hawkins as possible replacements. Have no idea how that will play out but there is some talent there. Tev was the highest ranked (including Griffin) but doesn’t mean much now.

Tev going to need a huge jump next year to even get playing time. Kipper leaving opens a spot but have Grandison, BBV, and Hawkins as possible replacements. Have no idea how that will play out but there is some talent there. Tev was the highest ranked (including Griffin) but doesn’t mean much now.

Tevian reminds me of Brian Randle....thought this dude was gonna be one of the best players to ever put on the O&B...the broken hand and he just never developed into anything other than a role player