Illinois 62, Grand Canyon 58 POSTGAME

Even though it was closer than we would have liked it to be, I still had an amazing trip down to see our boys play (first time since my graduation in 2015). I think we are making progress. I don't really understand why the BU learning curve is so steep, but apparently it is. The good news is that are two best players are learning to take control of the team (Black and Frazier), and they will start leading the team in the right direction.

Very good point near the end....the ILLINI have not had an identity and or a "leader" in the true sense of the word for several seasons.

Albeit now we might have a foul prone overly aggressive player who has seemingly turned into the player we all thought he could be, and an over exuberant freshman whom seems to be able to tame the world in his own eyes as our apparent leaders...based on the past, I will take that!

Frazier is taking over this team, he will get the others to follow for good things to come, the kid is very much like Dee Brown and I have thought that for a long time....he wants to be here, doesn't shy away from the limelight, wants to get better players here to join him....you go TF! :chief:

Even though it was closer than we would have liked it to be, I still had an amazing trip down to see our boys play (first time since my graduation in 2015). I think we are making progress. I don't really understand why the BU learning curve is so steep, but apparently it is. The good news is that are two best players are learning to take control of the team (Black and Frazier), and they will start leading the team in the right direction.

It's pretty simple.

1) We have 4 freshmen playing big minutes.

2) Everything that BU preaches is almost exactly the opposite from what Groce taught the upperclassmen. Defense, offense, rebounding, and tempo are all completely different.