Illinois 62, Penn State 56 POSTGAME

Chevy Chase, Maryland
Huge win. All access in the huddle shows how big of a leader Feliz is. Quiet confidence everyone looks to.
Feliz > huge. He will be missed. Hope his tenacity and leadership has rubbed off on at least a couple younger guys.

Reactions: Dren1, Chuck15, ROFOIllini and 13 others
Not many will admit it but it was a really well coached game

Reactions: JimILL75, Dren1, GallopingGhost and 18 others
Chevy Chase, Maryland
You joke, but you might be right. There seems to be a focus there when they're on the road. At home, they're schizophrenic. It's almost like they don't know how to harness their emotions. On the road....they're nails.
... which bodes well for March.

Reactions: Iamgroot, OskeeGirl, GallopingGhost and 1 other person
I wrote a couple of weeks ago that Penn St. was a lot better than Illinois. I've never been happier to look so idiotic! Great game by Ayo, and great defensive game plan by the coaches, imo.
I thought the 4 guard and Kofi lineup showed some coaching creativity....maybe threw their gameplan off. The fact that we broke their 8 game win streak...one of the hottest teams in country, ... should be a huge confidence boost for us.

Now please make Garza cry when he comes to Champaign and I will consider this a true turnaround season!

Reactions: Chuck15, 2008NRESGrad, Tacomallini and 6 others
Underwood won the mic'ed up battle against Chambers.

Reactions: Iamgroot, GallopingGhost, IllininVA and 14 others
Dre Feliz hit 2 huge buckets just when we needed them.

Reactions: the national, TruIllini89, Chukwuwumba and 9 others
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Winning these sorts of games again, after many years of losing them, is pleasant. When did I last look forward to March? Can't even remember.

Reactions: JimILL75, jmilt7 and MiniDee11
It was a hreat W and i wanna stay positive because Kofi had a heck of a game with 14 and 7. I just wish they could get him a medicine ball or something and practice hanging on the that thing. lol. his bobbles are stressing me out.

Also i hope the Badgers blow it

Reactions: FiveStar
This season .... thank you coaches and team for bringing Illinois Basketball back! Lets continue to enjoy the ride and appreciate every moment we have left with Ayo representing the Orange & Blue!

Huge win!

Reactions: Chief lives on, chiefini, abqbball47 and 4 others
Underwood won the mic'ed up battle against Chambers.
Agree timeouts on bench got a little boring...would have been better to go to 1 commercial and comeback for coaches' timeout high points.

Chambers was louder and talks faster....but BU won in more ways than one.

Reactions: Iamgroot and adogster
I think our rim at home on the right side of TV. Screen is not regulation. Over 10 ft or under. No team hits shots on that end unless a dunk or layup. That's my take on it. Lol

Reactions: FiveStar
Thought that AG should have received a lot more time in the 2nd half after being the best player on the floor in the 1st half.

Reactions: skibdaddy, drsmitty74, TruIllini89 and 5 others
Ha, I was just going to say the opposite. I thought Chambers was more inspirational, BU a lot of chewin.

But hey, results.
It was certainly better than a bunch of commercials. BU has a lot of code words that is for sure and he clearly loves DW.

Reactions: Tacomallini, FiveStar, the national and 1 other person
I wrote a couple of weeks ago that Penn St. was a lot better than Illinois. I've never been happier to look so idiotic! Great game by Ayo, and great defensive game plan by the coaches, imo.
Only game I thought Illinois was at a disadvantage in talent was Arizona...and now they aren't really that dominant a team.

Game was pretty well officiated as well

Reactions: 2008NRESGrad, the national, Chukwuwumba and 9 others
Capacity at Jordan Center 15,281 and tonight's announced attendance 9,506 or 62%....WTF

Reactions: FiveStar, TruIllini89, MiniDee11 and 3 others
What a win. Love Ayo’s fire, dude just oozes confidence and this team would have lost without that. Huge win.

Reactions: JimILL75, Chuck15 and MiniDee11
DMW was very good on def. We never let them get going.
Loved DMWs backdoor pass to Ayo! Kipper played solid D down stretch too.

Not a perfect game but we made very few mistakes down the stretch on O and D. Finishing is what it is all about!

Reactions: Chuck15, skibdaddy, Chukwuwumba and 1 other person
... which bodes well for March.
These are 18-22 year old guys, they heard the roar of the crowd against MSU, they heard the roar against Maryland. I was there, it was loud.

They talk about what is happening on campus as they go to class, etc.

You can want to win too badly, happens all the time.

Young players on the road can mean better focus, time to bond.

Reactions: the national, chiefini, Krombopulos_Michael and 3 others
Chicago,IL
I thought the 4 guard and Kofi lineup showed some coaching creativity....maybe threw their gameplan off. The fact that we broke their 8 game win streak...one of the hottest teams in country, ... should be a huge confidence boost for us.

Now please make Garza cry when he comes to Champaign and I will consider this a true turnaround season!

Yep beating Iowa is what I want the most.

Reactions: The Sprouting Divot, chiefini, Krombopulos_Michael and 5 others