Illinois 62, Penn State 56 POSTGAME

Ill Penn State.jpg

By the way, the announcers kept talking about this being the first road win vs. a ranked team since 2014, but...

1) It's the first road win vs. a top TEN team since our 2012-13 squad won at #10 Gonzaga, and...

2) It's the first road CONFERENCE win vs. a top ten team since our 2008-09 squad won in OT at #9 Purdue to start off the conference season, AND...

3) It's the latest in the season we have beaten a top ten team, in-conference, on the road since 1989 at #8 Michigan!!!

GREAT job, boys!
last road game (non-BTT) I was at was 89 - was eerily quiet the whole game as we blew them out from the start. Have tickets to the OSU game in 2 weeks!!!

haasi

New York
last road game (non-BTT) I was at was 89 - was eerily quiet the whole game as we blew them out from the start. Have tickets to the OSU game in 2 weeks!!!
I thought of going to this one. Maybe I’ll you at OSU!

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
So I just finished watching the game after getting home late...I’m still shaking. What a great thing to see! It kind of makes you wonder how things might have gone with RU, not having Ayo, nor the time to adjust to his being out. I say we would have either won or come pretty darn close.

Just for fun, let’s win all the rest.

Another win on the road in the conference. That is impressive. This team really is must see TV (if you aren't there in person)! A lot of intense battles this year.

Great def effort. Grinned a win. I have watched a couple of PSU games and this may be the best def effort they have faced. They frustrated Stevens all night.

Underwood, didn't play Griff much(or at all?) second half, because he thought their defense gave them the best chance to win the game, which didn't include him this game. I'm not positive on this, but i don't know if he subbed at all last 5 minutes or so. No GB, maybe KN not sure. And he was right

And I think the right hand basket was the wrong height based on the free throw shots by Trent in the first and Stevens first free throw in the second 😂... In seriousness, Trent was acting like his shoulder was bugging him on both technical shots. That was weird seeing him leave two of them not just short but reaaaaaally short.