Illinois 63, Ohio State 56 POSTGAME

Deleted member 746317

D
Anyone else notice that several times tonight our guards lost focus while handling the ball at point and listening to BU try to tell them something? We got picked and nearly picked because our ball handler spent time making direct eye contact with BU and lost awareness of the defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

illinipioneer

Richmond, VA
Anyone else notice that several times tonight our guards lost focus while handling the ball at point and listening to BU try to tell them something? We got picked and nearly picked because hour ball handler spent time making direct eye contact with BU and lost awareness of the defense.

Finish that thought

Deleted member 746317

D
It seems that every team we play lately has their "worst" game or that they play badly against us. Is there a chance that our play has something to do with that?

I didn't really hear that from the announcers tonight. I thought Hummel in particular expected IL to win all night, with lots of emphasis on how good we are becoming.

altgeld88

Arlington, Virginia
Congrats, boys! Well done!

That set at 1:30, draining the clock, Trent's penetration and kick to Dre coming in the baseline. Dagger w/ Ayo's tre.

Best of all: how loose these guys were in the last three mins. And how much they enjoy each other. Best chemistry I've seen from the team in years.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious this wasn't tOSU's best. Pretty obvious it wasn't the best Illinois has played either. Important to win the games where everything isn't clicking because that is going to be most the games.