Illinois 63, Ohio State 56 POSTGAME

Man, this was Griffin's breakout game but the shots just didn't fall. Even so, I think BU is fine with all but maybe one and I think AG has the shooters mentality where it won't bother him.

Most importantly, he kept his focus and had some big defensive/rebounding plays toward the end. Contributed to a hard fought team win.
I think Underwood at one point literally said to Griffin "Don't shoot it again".

I'm not sure how to bold text on my phone but I can try harder to figured it out if you still can't find where I said he took one bad shot
Hummel said it on the broadcast and you could lip read it. I personally think the shots were good ideas, but he rushed them, probably nerves.

Tonight i felt like a Duke basketball fan a Alabama football fan, guys this was a tough as nails win on the road i am so happy for those kids.

LJ22

Chicago, IL
Dre is like a sharp little rock in the other team's shoe. A Chet Frazier or Lucas Johnson. And like almost everyone else, he just keeps improving game by game.

Obviously I don't think anyone compares to The Great Lucas Johnson, but I was wondering why I took a special liking to Feliz. Makes sense now.

Just crazy to go from hopeless to the point where a road win against an upper-half BIG team felt like relief as much as euphoria. This game felt like a “should win” from 7-7 on.

We are VERY well poised to finish in the top half of the BIG now.

Maybe most importantly, those of us (myself for sure included) who were down on BU can clearly see that although his demeanor can get hot, this team has great chemistry and culture.

The arrow is pointing up!

Now for the love of God, start making free throws!

I did not realize that. That makes me sick. Please don't mention Bruce Weber ever again ;) All I think of is him throwing the team under the bus after that Purdue loss at home his final season. That was it for me.
And taking us to the final 4 and our most wins in a single season.

Deleted member 746317

D
Really?

That's your take from the game?

Not at all … I was being conversational about a few points in the game where we got picked/nearly picked while our ball handlers took their eyes off the defender and looked at BU for inordinate time for instructions … Someone asked me to "finish the thought," so I took a stab at it.

My takeaways from the game are:

1. pretty much everything hoopsfan said at #68 (overwhelming positive statements), with my small exception that OSU doesn't look upper level
  2. that GB is proving to be the best thrift shop purchase ever
  3. that Feliz is a bit of a mixed bag, in that he seems to have mental lapses at times, but that he's very much a net positive with his D and tenacious drives
  4. that AG really got good minutes (hope it makes his mom happier) and BU was right-on with how he handled AG tonight
  5. that I don't really understand what the deal was with TJ tonight and can't really explain the Tyler continuing to get in the game
  6. that we are in trouble against Wisky if we don't do better against zone

Not at all … I was being conversational about a few points in the game where we got picked/nearly picked while our ball handlers took their eyes off the defender and looked at BU for inordinate time for instructions … Someone asked me to "finish the thought," so I took a stab at it.

My takeaways from the game are:

1. pretty much everything hoopsfan said at #68 (overwhelming positive statements), with my small exception that OSU doesn't look upper level
  2. that GB is proving to be the best thrift shop purchase ever
  3. that Feliz is a bit of a mixed bag, in that he seems to have mental lapses at times, but that he's very much a net positive with his D and tenacious drives
  4. that AG really got good minutes (hope it makes his mom happier) and BU was right-on with how he handled AG tonight
  5. that I don't really understand what the deal was with TJ tonight and can't really explain the Tyler continuing to get in the game
  6. that we are in trouble against Wisky if we don't do better against zone

Tyler only got a couple minutes when Trent banged his knee and Dre, AJ, and Monte were on foul trouble the last 2 minutes in the second half. He was just a bridge to halftime.

As for Tev, he's not quite as quick defensively.. maybe it was a matchup thing as the announcers said multiple times that BU was concerned with their guard heavy lineups