Illinois 63, Ohio State 56 POSTGAME

breadman

Herndon, VA
uh, pruman91, how do you do that infinite movement stuff? It's really getting to me...it's just weird.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
uh, pruman91, how do you do that infinite movement stuff? It's really getting to me...it's just weird.

images.jpg

imperfection-great-12.gif

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Giorgi got his first taste of being double teamed in the post. It will be interesting to see how long it takes him to recognize the double team and pass out quicker.
I expect they'll work on that a lot before the Wiscy game because until he does the pass to the wide open teammate, he's gonna see a lot of the double. Good news is the kid is a very good passer and should be able to quickly figure out how to make other teams pay for doing that.

Deleted member 29907

D
Glad Trent only bumped knees- it looked bad there for a minute before they showed the angle of contact.

And for goodness sakes gang - there was a post earlier this week in the Strength and Conditioning thread or somewhere talking about no injuries this year - can we not tempt fate? No posts on either streaks or injuries please.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_c16858c9-21f0-51df-b15d-ddd1700a6051.html

View attachment 4189

THE ORANGE INFERNO HAS BEEN RELEASED !!!!!!

What a game !!!!! Earlier in the season we would have lost this game b/c of immaturity, inexperience etc...Now we are winning these games b/c of the " FAMILY " atmosphere that is very plain to see....The gritty looks on the Illini faces show a will to win that took a while to develope , but it is sure nice to see now....

Common clay must go through the heat and fire of the furnace to become porcelain.

View attachment 4190

On to wisky and another B1G win..........................
I love this stuff. As I stare at it my body starts relaxing to the point where I feel like I'm melting away. Awesome.

As my ureter goes, so go the Illini.
Illini record when my ureter is blocked by a monstrous kidney stone: 6-15.
Illini record post my (second) surgery: 4-0.
wincing for you right now. that's a LONG time to have that pain.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I love this stuff. As I stare at it my body starts relaxing to the point where I feel like I'm melting away. Awesome.
My favorite one is the one in post # 180......reminds me to chill when dealing with......

1. my ex
2. my current crazy woman
3. the last many years of Illini futility in BB and FB
4. etc etc etc
But, i sure am enjoying this revival of Illini prosperity no matter how long it lasts....we have the right staff and many of the right pieces to climb even higher...

51f4f397-6ccb-41e6-b419-1dde5560ff8c.gif

anyone can do this.....

tenor (4).gif

I prefer to do this

Does the NIT require a winning record?

It's been discussed several times. Technically it does not. However, since the latest rule changes, it has never happened and the rule changes were pretty clear to not be for the benefit of P5 teams.

haasi

New York
Does anyone know why our NCAA NET rank (94)- the number the committee apparently uses - is so much lower than our other computer rankings? Kenpom 64, barttorvik around 48, others in the 50-75 range, generally.

Wow, what a great -- and tense -- game. I felt like we were going to win most of the time, and then there would be things like Giorgi's crazy (not in a good way; have to remember he is still a frosh) play for a couple of possessions and AG's terrible foul. A month and a half ago those things would likely have led to a run by the other team and an Illini loss. Not anymore. This team with their chemistry, defense, hustle and overall play can now overcome those things. Giorgi continues to impress with his soft shots. And how about those 4 blocks not to mention 2 steals. Prior to this game he had never had a game where his combined blocks and steals totaled more than 2. Despite his poor shooting and stupid foul, AG still positively impacted the game. And I for one am not worried about Tev's lack of minutes last night. Some of it was certainly match ups as some poster(s) pointed out. But this is also about winning games. BU is trying to put this team in the best position to win and if that means Tev doesn't play much in a game or AG doesn't, I'm fine with that. This team deserves to have the best chance to win each game with how hard they're playing and what they've gone through. These games and wins are the foundation that will springboard the team to great success next year. I'd love to see the Illini in the NIT or as unlikely as it is the NCAA tourney this year, but for me that is secondary to the growth of this TEAM. Yes, we want to see each player develop, but not at the cost of wins at this point. Someone posted "I hope Christian Brown was watching." If he was, do you think he was more impressed by a win than he would have been with a loss but Tev getting 15 minutes of play? And no I'm not saying playing Tev more minutes would have meant a sure loss.

Giorgi had 13 pts, 7 rebounds, 4 blocks, and 2 steals. 4 turnovers surprised me but he hadn't been double teamed before. Pretty great numbers for any center let alone a freshman.
The win was despite bad free throws, poor three point shooting, two missed layups late in the game by normally automatic guys. Obviously not our best offensive game but says a lot when you can win without your best game.

Does anyone know why our NCAA NET rank (94)- the number the committee apparently uses - is so much lower than our other computer rankings? Kenpom 64, barttorvik around 48, others in the 50-75 range, generally.

NET hasn't been updated yet taking into consideration last night's win. But still will likely be lower than others. Seeing how much Illini jump with this win in NET compared to the others might give us some kind of insight.

It all made more sense after seeing the tweets. Underwood definitely catered to the parents visit. Griffin was not playing well enough to stay in the game imo but after earlier in the season it is important to keep his parents happy. The goal is to get his younger brother. I think it was a very smart thing by the staff to "show the love".

This is the second time I've heard this take and I sincerely doubt BU or any D1 coach would play someone just because their parents are at the game. This isn't little league.

I found myself looking at the scoreboard in the first half confused on how we were winning by 5. I don't think we played that well and still were winning by 5. This team has some fight. Only thing I am scared about is how bad we looked against the zone. I could have sworn it was the Groce years.

NET hasn't been updated yet taking into consideration last night's win. But still will likely be lower than others. Seeing how much Illini jump with this win in NET compared to the others might give us some kind of insight.

NET was just updated and Illini moved from 94 to 80, while OSU dropped from 36 to 44.