Illinois 67, Indiana 66 POSTGAME

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
I was at the game so didn't benefit from all the angles TV has to offer, but was that just about the worst officiating we've seen at State Farm in a very long time? Those guys need to go back to high school games for a season. I felt that the ref's really dictated the outcome of the game. Just terrible.
Honestly, I didn't even notice the refs this game. Fouls were essentially even. Seemed like a pretty nice job to me.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
It was simply a great game and Ayo/Kofi were the combined difference --- with a high quality play by Feliz down the stretch. Refs = no impact on the outcome (as is the case in essentially every game.)

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
I checked during the game and Trent is shooting 33% from 3-pt range this year (not bad; and equivalent to 50% from 2-pt range) --- but also 33% overall (not good).

Good to see Giorgi play much better on both ends of the floor. It should help him with his confidence. We really need his production going into the tourney. I may be the only one, but I was happy to see a Williams look for his offense more. Granted, he got caught on the baseline a few times, but he can add more pressure on the defense if he can create a little offense. Kofi played big today! Can’t say enough about Dre. He’s a warrior!
Once again, Damonte was all man today. We have 3 dogs on defense-Damonte, Feliz, and Frazier. Love watching them on that end of the floor.

I was at the game so didn't benefit from all the angles TV has to offer, but was that just about the worst officiating we've seen at State Farm in a very long time? Those guys need to go back to high school games for a season. I felt that the ref's really dictated the outcome of the game. Just terrible.
How was the crowd?

illini80

Forgottonia
Honestly, I didn't even notice the refs this game. Fouls were essentially even. Seemed like a pretty nice job to me.
Sure they missed some calls, but I thought they called the game consistently and didn’t disrupt the flow of the game. That’s about as good as youre going to get.

Yes GB yes!! He is back and played his role well! He was key in the win! I like it! Go GB!!
I could have done without him trying to throw Kofi open late in game when he was surrounded by 3 guys. Has to be smarter than that when trying to hold on to a lead, but overall he played very. Needed him with Indiana’s length and he scored some finally.

Refs weren't bad bc they were consistent. They consistent made bad calls and consistently missed calls. IU had numerous ticky tack and 1s where our paint defenders went straight in the air. Someone mentioned before but Kofi could've had another 4 free throws off and 1s.

IU played like a team that wanted to control their own destiny but came up short. Now we control our own so let's not come up short.

Good to see Giorgi play much better on both ends of the floor. It should help him with his confidence. We really need his production going into the tourney. I may be the only one, but I was happy to see Williams look for his offense more. Granted, he got caught on the baseline a few times, but he can add more pressure on the defense if he can create a little offense. Kofi played big today! Can’t say enough about Dre. He’s a warrior!
I agree Damonte had 7pts and 5 boards. That's like 15 pts in our favor. Plus the last few games he's playing with a Lucas Johnson like toughness! I love it, keep going DW

It matters to me. When you win by 20, it's boring(unless it is the #1 team in the country). When you win by one, there is a lot more excitement to it.

Well, no, the Illini specialize in trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. We just cannot sit comfortably in our recliners at home and watch them win in a relaxed manner. Always tense, trying to miss FTs and throw the ball away instead of widening a 2 pt. lead. Sheesh.

B1G basketball at it's best between 2 rivals..

Glad ILLINI got the win, Kofi was hacked alot, should of had as much as 10 more possible points from the line.
Williams playing with a Feliz edge now all the time it seems...Good for DMW
Feliz, showing he knows how to be the man when needed, upper classman and playing usually 3-4 best at all times if not better.
Frazier, defended like crazy, needs to get that cat quick release and shot back in rhythem.
Ayo, being Ayo, lead us the way Ayo, why not you?
Griffin, active on defense and the glass, will need more of that.

Lick the wounds, ice the bruises, prep for the next WIN!!!

Archie demanding that replay be used to make the Hue Hollins call on that missed three still has me giggling. Also, the final scrum with those two fools from Carmel coming on the court to yell at the refs was like some sort of renaissance painting.

I love watching Hoosiers melt down.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
At this point I am wondering how Illinois and Wisconsin are both unranked while the 4 teams beneath them in the standings are all still ranked, two of which we swept.
I agree. I was comparing earlier today the Big 10 standings, NET rankings and KenPom. It's maddening to figure out how/why they all differ. As I think back to the NCAA tourney selection committee over the past 35 years, they always seem to treat us pretty fairly. If the season were to end today, for example, I think we might be as high as a 5 seed --- 6 at the lowest. I think we'll be pleased in two weeks. With that said, I'd like to go 2-2, worst case, from here on out leading up to the NCAAT.