Illinois 69, Nebraska 57 POSTGAME

The paign born and raised
Leron Black grew up a little tonight.

Network briefly showed RR favoring his left hand, but then it was never again.
Hoping that was just a stinger and nothing more
I think he was just bleeding from his fingers from a fall on the court, dont think it was the hand injured(at least i hope not)

Win one of next two and we in:illinois:

Rayvonte is freaking all american!!!!!

Thanks Nnanna, Ray, Ahmad and Ryan! Still work to do but you done good.
I wish you were right, but I still think we need to win 2 of the next 3.

I marvel at Black's size and hustle.
Seems like we haven't had one of those big chested brutes in forever.
Love to see ILLINOIS across his chest

:shield:

I'm going to miss these Seniors--flawed but tough and hard working. Good win.

RR was terrific down the stretch. Not sure why a couple of posters thought he was being a ballhog. I'll take 7-14 shooting, 4-8 on 3s and 5-5 FTs every game.

1. I am happy to report that our two must-win games have been won! We pulled away at the end in this one, but Nebraska made of a game of it with their big run to open the second half. By the end though, it was smooth sailing for the Illini.

2. Nebraska played hard in this one, and they were short-handed with Pitchford injured, but they are also not very good. It is not a total lack of talent, but their lack of any sort of consistent outside threat really hurts them.

3. Before I get to the individual players, let me thank all of our seniors for picking Illinois and giving us their best. We will miss you all!

4. Ray went out in style. He is back, and that is good news because we need him from here on out. Way to close it out on the homecourt in style, Ray!

5. At the other end of the spectrum, Leron Black turned in another excellent performance as a freshman. He didn't get a huge number of minutes in this one, but he did a lot of good things in the minutes he got.

6. Nnanna Egwu played his game. He may not be the most talented player on the court, but nobody plays with more heart than Nnanna. I know Coach Groce is going to be sorry to see him go. He was everywhere with his three blocks and multiple intimidations in the first half, but in the second he took a physical licking and just kept kicking. We will miss him.

7. Malcolm and Kendrick were not spectacular in this one, but they were solid contributors. It was good to see them both turn in good efforts as we get to the home stretch.

8. One more time, Austin Colbert is definitely getting better. He is not there yet, but he has made major strides this season. Keep working, Austin.

9. Well, it's down to the big one. It will likely be a war in West Lafayette, but that's why these guys play the game. Go get 'em, Illini!

Leron Black grew up a little tonight.
A little more. His first breakout game was earlier versus ... (Drumroll) ... Purdue. Pleased with his development. Getting some offensive mojo on top of the rebounding and toughness. When he gets comfortable with that midrange, and learns to pass the ball better ... lookout.

1. I am happy to report that our two must-win games have been won! We pulled away at the end in this one, but Nebraska made of a game of it with their big run to open the second half. By the end though, it was smooth sailing for the Illini.

2. Nebraska played hard in this one, and they were short-handed with Pitchford injured, but they are also not very good. It is not a total lack of talent, but their lack of any sort of consistent outside threat really hurts them.

3. Before I get to the individual players, let me thank all of our seniors for picking Illinois and giving us their best. We will miss you all!

4. Ray went out in style. He is back, and that is good news because we need him from here on out. Way to close it out on the homecourt in style, Ray!

5. At the other end of the spectrum, Leron Black turned in another excellent performance as a freshman. He didn't get a huge number of minutes in this one, but he did a lot of good things in the minutes he got.

6. Nnanna Egwu played his game. He may not be the most talented player on the court, but nobody plays with more heart than Nnanna. I know Coach Groce is going to be sorry to see him go. He was everywhere with his three blocks and multiple intimidations in the first half, but in the second he took a physical licking and just kept kicking. We will miss him.

7. Malcolm and Kendrick were not spectacular in this one, but they were solid contributors. It was good to see them both turn in good efforts as we get to the home stretch.

8. One more time, Austin Colbert is definitely getting better. He is not there yet, but he has made major strides this season. Keep working, Austin.

9. Well, it's down to the big one. It will likely be a war in West Lafayette, but that's why these guys play the game. Go get 'em, Illini!
Thanks for posting these!

Great way to end the home game stretch. Now bring home the national championship men!

Los Angeles
Looked like the light flipped on for Malcolm in the 2H. Started playing with purpose on the offensive end. We'll need that Malcolm on Saturday.

Chicagoland
If we're gonna beat Purdue, we need Rice Hill and Nunn all scorching. Black and Egwu must be defensively tough. No other way around it.

Saw some great things tonight by 3 of those guys, let's hope our sophs figure it out!

Orlando, FL
Great team ball tonight!! This game Saturday is going to go down to the wire!

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Stanford, CA
Finished the game a little late. I thought we were doing a nice job on offense almost all of the first half. Was a little worried once Nebraska went on their big run, but to our credit we hung in there and the offense got un-sticky again and did enough nice things for a comfortable win. Good job taking care of business, now on to the fun chances to prove we're a tourney team!

Decatur, IL
Hallelujah with the throwbacks! Those need to be the official home uniform again.
Absolutely. I think out of respect to the rebrand effort you finish the season out with the others but starting next year, the fighting illini unis every game. Also the gray unis as an alt. and either keep the orange ones or make new ones again as another alt.

Good win, was impressed with the way we answered their 11-0 run...Rice was impressive on both ends of the court.

4th & Chalmers, a few years ago...Now? Weeki Wach
As was said last night..."Ray...go get me a bucket!" Absolutely clutch performance by RR. The team knew they weren't playing their best last night, but it didn't phase them as a group. Kendrick draining the 3 when he hadn't done much all night. Ahmad Starks with the lay-up surrounded by trees (well, with Nebby, kinda sorta), Malcolm making his free throws...

I almost kinda think the boys were looking ahead a bit last night. If you can "look ahead", and still get the win, I'll take it. Purdue's gonna be a fun one, time to bring the A game...and from here on out. GO ILLINI!!!