Illinois 69, Old Dominion 55 POSTGAME

To clarify by bench I meant deep bench during last 5 minutes, my bad on being vague... Agree with you on Feliz, Kipper, and Griffin. As far as Butch, it comes down to personal taste I guess.
Gotcha. Agree with you on the deep end bench.. BBV didn’t play at all for some reason until the end, Hamlin look rough, but he will get better..

illini80

Forgottonia
BU was putting him in with 6 minutes left in the half and he would have played with regulars, but there was no break in play until the under 4 timeout. That's when BU emptied the bench.
That’s true. I wish he would have used a t.o. to get him in earlier. Crowd was poised to give him a nice hand.

Tev and BBV should have got some run in the middle of the second half IMO. They are going to need them at a crucial time, a few minutes here would go a long way later.

Tev got 4 minutes and was wildly disappointing. He showed no ability to create for himself and threw up a single bad 3 while mostly just passing back to Tyler. He didn’t attempt to drive the lane a single time and made very little effort to get open for anything other than a 3. I don’t care that it was garbage time or that the primarily passers weren’t creating for him. Jones should be able to drive against those players.

illini80

Forgottonia
Tev got 4 minutes and was wildly disappointing. He showed no ability to create for himself and threw up a single bad 3 while mostly just passing back to Tyler. He didn’t attempt to drive the lane a single time and made very little effort to get open for anything other than a 3. I don’t care that it was garbage time or that the primarily passers weren’t creating for him. Jones should be able to drive against those players.
I sort of agree, but I don’t think hero ball would have curried any favor with Underwood either.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Wow....you beat me to it VA.....all last night I thought he sounded a lot like a loud Dan Dakich .....
Sounded more like Vitale to me, Dick Vitale light, but then I think I have only listened to Dakich once.