Illinois 70, Missouri 64 POSTGAME

vdiukx.jpg

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
I am now going to INVITE my teenage daughter's boyfriend over...and his Mizzou grad parents.

Deleted member 631370

D
YES!!!!!!

I was too nervous to even watch the game. Got it queued up on DVR, though.

Man, Christmas is always sweeter with a win in this game. But this year? This is as sweet as it's been in a long, long time.

By far the best overall game of the year...no lag in first half, time off, extra practices/prep paid off. Good thing, the 2nd half looked to be going the way of the usual start to games, Miz had so much more energy (they needed it) and almost got all the way back.

Trent is owning this team, Mr Florida is rolling right now!
Leron has matured so much this year, true leader with actions.
Finke looks the part of leader/upperclassman and the NoMo Bun is 1-0!
Alstork played defense needed.
Jordan had his moments, need more from him
Smith started strong with shots from perimeter, then the driving and turnovers started

As a team they stuck together and played tough, BU should call EVERY game Braggin Rights to get them to come out with this kind of energy!

Great first half. If this team can put together two good halves, they are going to be tough to beat. TF carried us at the end - he was not afraid to to take over.

Frazier on Monday will be selected B1G Freshman of the Week. ForSure#

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Man I wanted to keep that first half juju going and crush them, but a win is a win, is a win. Trent Frazier is cold-blooded.

In tough games like that, the holes in our roster get exposed. We need more length and athleticism in the wing, and size down low. Regardless, this program, with this coaching staff, is trending up.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
That goes a long way toward taking the sting off the close losses...not all the way...but close.

By far the best overall game of the year...no lag in first half, time off, extra practices/prep paid off. Good thing, the 2nd half looked to be going the way of the usual start to games, Miz had so much more energy (they needed it) and almost got all the way back.

Trent is owning this team, Mr Florida is rolling right now!
Leron has matured so much this year, true leader with actions.
Finke looks the part of leader/upperclassman and the NoMo Bun is 1-0!
Alstork played defense needed.
Jordan had his moments, need more from him
Smith started strong with shots from perimeter, then the driving and turnovers started

As a team they stuck together and played tough, BU should call EVERY game Braggin Rights to get them to come out with this kind of energy!

Spot on. Although I would clarify that BU needs to get more from AJ (in minutes and play design), I thought AJ played great

audie

The Great Northwest
Timon seems like a nice fellow.
I like him.

illiniorphan

Centralia
Big Win, tough to watch in the second half, our house had a lot of nervous people. Nice to see the guys close one out. Nice game to learn from..and with a win..

Deleted member 631370

D
That goes a long way toward taking the sting off the close losses...not all the way...but close.

I'll be honest......with this win, I feel like the season is back on track. Still not looking particularly good for an NCAA tournament, but this team just proved that it can win close games against good teams.

Does it make up for the 5 losses? No. But I'd rather have this win and losses against NMSU and Wake than wins vs. those 2 and a loss tonight.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
AJ continues to do whatever is asked of him...no complaint...no quit. I love TF, and if he is the heart of this team, AJ is the soul.