Illinois 71, Michigan 62 POSTGAME

Well against Miami Ayo had the ball in his hands. Then Feliz against Maryland. Time for Trent to get his chance.
Felix is actually the most logical because of his ability to get to the basket and get fouled. That being said he was 0/3 on fts against Michigan and lost the ball against Maryland. (Actually two great plays by Cowens the basket and then the steal.
Coaching is a !!!!!! Sure would like to see Ayo able to attack the rim like Dre. Gentry are you listening?

UCLA won the national championship that year with a record of 28-2, one loss to us and one to Iowa in LA. Beat Michigan for the title.

Tough year for Illinois, Bill McKeown, the senior captain point guard broke his forearm in the 9th game of the year and was replaced by Soph Jim Dawson. Hurt badly.

110 wasn't even close to our top number, we had 121 against both Purdue and Mich State

Felix is actually the most logical because of his ability to get to the basket and get fouled. That being said he was 0/3 on fts against Michigan and lost the ball against Maryland. (Actually two great plays by Cowens the basket and then the steal.
Coaching is a !!!!!! Sure would like to see Ayo able to attack the rim like Dre. Gentry are you listening?
i don't want to dwell too much on the costly mistakes these guys have made. I'm sure they were discussed and addressed. I still trust any of those guys to make plays and reduce mistakes over time. Hopefully we make enough plays/few mistakes where it doesn't come down to the last possession.

Don't get too hung up as some have that we beat Michigan because they were cold from 3.

Maryland is a similar team and they shot 25%. Chin said before the game that we have wrinkles that we put in for 3 point shooting teams and they had worked well against Maryland and he hoped they would work as well against Michigan. Michigan shot 17%.

Of course those coaches will now adjust to our adjustments.

I haven’t really paid much attention to our defense this year. I am now intrigued and will go back to watch if I have time. Wonder how much more complicated it is than don’t help off shooters anywhere and help off non shooters always.