Present 74
2018. 102
2017. 66
2016. 125
2015. 61
2014. 53
2013. 39
2012. 76
Any predictions on where we finish this year and beginning rating next year?

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I say we finish around 60, i.e. what would have been a bubble team most years with the right record.

Is that you....Thekid? I'm kidding, I loved his optimism. Old timers on this board remember.
Illinois at that record would be 18-15 with a top 10 SOS (#3 right now), i feel like the real stretch is the chance of actually winning all 11 straight lol

illini55

The Villages, FL
Ayo best freshman finisher that I can remember from anywhere and the trio of Trent and Dre is really good. Don't care where this freshman class was ranked, it is the best we've had since Dee, Deron, and James. Ayo and Georgi with similar stats and Tevian with potential. With addition of Kofi and Antwan we solve the size problem and do not see why we shouldn't be in the mix for league leaders. Would like to see us back to favorites on home court always.

I have zero inside information, but after following Illini basketball for 50 years, I'd say that the amount of negative information on January points to us never seeing him in an Illini uniform. Not playing consistently for his high school team, transcript issues, a void on all information really, all lead to doubts about him. Hope I'm dead wrong about this, but he doesn't carry the profile of a recruit of a high major just 8 months before the season begins. Just my two cents.

illini80

Forgottonia
Just finished watching the whole game. I’m always happy with a win, but it definitely left you wanting more. While we continue to improve there are still a lot of holes in our game that we should be better able to overcome with the weaker schedule. I don’t expect any of them to be easy though.

I’d love to see a deep run in the B10 tourney, but the nature of it works against our game I believe. We struggle to play a complete game with full intensity. I just don’t see how they could pull off 3-4 back to back games of it. A few more pieces and another year will go a long way.

I’d love to see a deep run in the B10 tourney, but the nature of it works against our game I believe. We struggle to play a complete game with full intensity. I just don’t see how they could pull off 3-4 back to back games of it.

Is this going to be the team that no one wants to play, or will we be the easy team to blow out?

illini80

Forgottonia
Is this going to be the team that no one wants to play, or will we be the easy team to blow out?
Neither? People are saying we’re the best 7-15 team in the country. I’d rather be the worst 15-7 team in the country. We play hard and sometimes we play really well, but aside from Maryland, we aren’t knocking off top ranked teams. Maybe this week will change that.

bredhartmann

Centralia, IL
Neither? People are saying we’re the best 7-15 team in the country. I’d rather be the worst 15-7 team in the country. We play hard and sometimes we play really well, but aside from Maryland, we aren’t knocking off top ranked teams. Maybe this week will change that.
You’d rather be 15-7 Cal St Bakersfield ranked 187 in Kenpom? ;)

Can play 20%. I’d guess he’s close to that now, but haven’t looked.
The regularly scheduled season is 31 games, so a player can appear in up to six games and still qualify for a medical redshirt following a season ending injury. I was guessing he was real close to six appearances as well, but it turns out he has been in a total of thirteen games. No form of redshirt is possible.

I have zero inside information, but after following Illini basketball for 50 years, I'd say that the amount of negative information on January points to us never seeing him in an Illini uniform. Not playing consistently for his high school team, transcript issues, a void on all information really, all lead to doubts about him. Hope I'm dead wrong about this, but he doesn't carry the profile of a recruit of a high major just 8 months before the season begins. Just my two cents.
Hope you are wrong but probably right. If so we will need Higgs.

I'm one of the most optimistic people on this board. But have concerns that January will not make it to campus. Also big guys with pins in their feet never seem to bounce back. Higgs looks heavy, not sure how much we will get out of him next year. Thinking we have a big rotation of Samba, Kofi, and Giorgi. Not ruling out a 5th year transfer big to give us more depth.

Deleted member 4960

D
How about that defense! 5 or 6 shot clock violations or forced bad shots because of near violation. A trio of blocks. That’s what put them over the top.

I'm one of the most optimistic people on this board. But have concerns that January will not make it to campus. Also big guys with pins in their feet never seem to bounce back. Higgs looks heavy, not sure how much we will get out of him next year. Thinking we have a big rotation of Samba, Kofi, and Giorgi. Not ruling out a 5th year transfer big to give us more depth.
Sure like to have January, otherwise just exchanging DeLaRosa for Kofi. Think it will be improvement and Samba will be more experienced but like to be able to play two most of the time and Kofi will have more of a foul problem than Giorgi.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Kenpom ratings
Present 74
2018. 102
2017. 66
2016. 125
2015. 61
2014. 53
2013. 39
2012. 76
Any predictions on where we finish this year and beginning rating next year?
Finish top 65 and start next season in the top 35 or possible 20-25.

You’d rather be 15-7 Cal St Bakersfield ranked 187 in Kenpom? ;)

I've got a buddy here in Bakersfield that has season tickets for the Roadrunners. Come visit and I'll try to get them for you and see how much you enjoy it compared to the Illini.