Illinois 73, East Tennessee State 55 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin

:illinois:

Last edited:

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
Without three players, during finals week, I’m happy with beating the spread by 13 and a W, no matter who the opponent...

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
As long as I am complaining...we spend all week working hard in practice, two guys show up late for the shoot around and we hold them out the entire game...so we get no game implementation of all our hard work!

Does Michigan or Indiana do that, I mean couldn’t they play the second half...

I bet you're real fun to be around at parties. :thumb:

Deleted member 236589

D
As long as I am complaining...we spend all week working hard in practice, two guys show up late for the shoot around and we hold them out the entire game...so we get no game implementation of all our hard work!

I don't mind them having to ride the pine. It's simple, make shoot around. Follow the rules. It's life. Follow team rules, get rewarded, don't follow the rules, accept the result. It's how the world works. It's that simple.

Well Indiana and Michigan are easier on their players.....so what? Underwood is trying to re-establish a program in disarray. Being soft on team rules isn't a great way to go about doing it.

Deleted member 11196

D

Do you actually think that none of the hard work in practice will ever show up in any future game ?

That highlight is the second time I’ve seen him “dream shake” and also the second time I’ve seen work the fake handoff from the pinch post into a shot. The other is the dunk vs unlv. Excited to see junior year Samba Kane with strength and more system experience.

Definitely. Junior Year Samba with Junior Year Giorgi is going to be nice.

Boy, tough crowd. I didn't see the game, but when Siri kept telling me we were up by double digits I was pretty pleased. She didn't give me all the details, so I guess they didn't pass the eye test. Like, the Illini is the only team in college hoops that relaxes a little when they know they have the game in hand. OK. Finals week, 3 players out of action, we win by 18 points against a pretty decent program. I'm ecstatic!!! Bring on Mizzou,

Did not watch or listen to the game. No one with more than 3 fouls yet still caused 20 turnovers. Is this the first game where no one reached at least 4 fouls? Any reason it was so much better?

It's a life lesson. Show up late for a job interview and you wont get the job.

Good point, EIF. It sounds like either ETSU didn't show up today, or we did a good job of controlling the tempo of the game. I just know that this is a dangerous time of year. Players start thinking about Christmas, having to deal with finals. Upsets tend to happen in mid-December. A lot of posters were saying that this was a dangerous opponent. We were short-handed and beat them pretty easily. Not a bad outcome.

Regarding Adonis he needs more time, seems more mobile but probably 6 weeks away minimum. The other 3 hopefully lesson learned and back to business.

Ayo has played a ton of bball, missing no biggie for him. I'm sure he is ready to move.
Concerned about Tevian, rough start. But if you look around the country plenty top 100 types not playing or struggling.

Saw a tweet quoting underwood post-game saying something along the lines of “I really like Samba’s game”. Me too coach.

I’m not looking looking forward to Samba junior year, I’m looking forward to him in January. And then February. He brings something nobody else on the roster does with his combination of athleticism, savvy play, and paint presence. He’s not a scrawny frosh. Just needs game time. I’m all aboard the Samba train and have been for a while now.

Also sounds like Jones has three more games of an eight game suspension to serve. That’s a bummer. Going to be tough to jump in during B1G play without any court time against preseason mid-major opponents like today.

What I saw was the system being used properly and with fire during the first half, not quite so much in the second. This team is coming around.