Illinois 73, East Tennessee State 55 POSTGAME

What I saw was the system being used properly and with fire during the first half, not quite so much in the second. This team is coming around.

Depth.

With the 2 guards available next week onwards, we should see more consistency.

By Jan we should become more potent.

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
Don’t tweet, and can’t copy or share, but just saw classy tweets on Facebook apologizing for being late from both @AyoDos_11 and @alangriffin. Maybe Dan or someone who tweetscan post them in their entirety?

Depth.

With the 2 guards available next week onwards, we should see more consistency.

By Jan we should become more potent.
I'm optimistic too, but on the "more potent" point, AJ needs to shoot well consistently (yes, he's a glue guy who rebounds, but 2/13 and a drop off in production like last year ain't gonna cut it from a Sr. starter); same for Damonte. We need points from those guys to win the close games.

Would also like to see this. I'm in Chicago eating irresponsible amounts of food and wasn't able to watch today.

kcib8130

Parts Unknown
Was in the building. Pretty disappointing effort from the fans in attendance, I would guess 11-12k. But those that were there, were pretty quiet during the first half, with little reaction to a 25-point halftime lead.

So Tevian has an 8 game suspension? What do you have to do to get that much time on the pine? Yikes...

Deleted member 746094

D
First, disappointing to see Tevian still suspended. I support JW and BU if they feel this is what’s best for the program and Tevian. Just not a good situation for anyone involved.

Second, love Ayo and Alan sitting the entire game for being late. This is how you build accountability and a true team first culture. I love even more their response on Twitter.

As for the game...1st half we took care of business as we should have. 2nd half shows we still have to learn how to finish teams that are inferior! ETSU had a crappy 24 hours before game time, but from what I saw we would beat them handily 8 out of 10 times.

We aren’t top of the B10 good as we just don’t have the depth of talent, but today was encouraging.

So Tevian has an 8 game suspension? What do you have to do to get that much time on the pine? Yikes...

It could be a percentage of the season. Someone on the board earlier said that the suspension was from the athletic department and not from BU himself. Mentioned it was similar to the football players so if that is the case it could be 25% of the season. Football guys missed 3 games of 12

It could be a percentage of the season. Someone on the board earlier said that the suspension was from the athletic department and not from BU himself. Mentioned it was similar to the football players so if that is the case it could be 25% of the season. Football guys missed 3 games of 12

I don’t think it’s a percentage. It’s eight games based on the offense and it’s a known punishment enforced by the DIA, not the coaches.

I don’t think it’s a percentage. It’s eight games based on the offense and it’s a known punishment enforced by the DIA, not the coaches.
I don't know what his suspension is, but I believe DIA policy says you miss 25% of your season if you fail 2 drug tests. I'm quite sure that information is publicly available. Again, I do not know what the cause of length of tevian's suspension is.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_f4dde2c3-d451-57b5-ad30-a6248a698bec.html

“It’s part of my job as a coach at this great university,” Underwood said. “I take it very personal to hold young guys accountable. When guys show up late, there are consequences. I flip the switch, I’m done, we move on and go on to the next one.”

“There’s nothing in the game Kipper can’t do,” Underwood said. “That’s what we see as coaches: a guy who can dribble, a guy who can pass, who can shoot it from 3, drive it, be a very good free-throw shooter and guard multiple positions. You want to maximize those guys, and I keep pushing him and pushing him to be that guy.”

But what makes the Illini defense so difficult?
“They don’t play like most teams play,” Forbes said. “They deny every possession, every pass and they’re very physical in the passing lanes.”

“It’s huge for us,” Frazier said of the win. “The main thing for us is we were just trying to get over that hump with having a tough schedule at the beginning. I think that was good for us and the young guys to play those teams. Momentum right now, we have that and we’re looking forward to continue that.”

2 game winning streak with next game against Misery....i want to win by double digits so bad...." Can we create a Hostile environment for ALL the Misery players next Saturday ? "

Fingers crossed

I don't know what his suspension is, but I believe DIA policy says you miss 25% of your season if you fail 2 drug tests. I'm quite sure that information is publicly available. Again, I do not know what the cause of length of tevian's suspension is.

This is what I heard sometime back but not quite sure where. Failed one and was suspended and then failed another while on suspension. Do not quote me on this as I'm not sure where I got it

Got to be happy with the game. Hopefully momentum builds.

Go ILLINI!

This is what I heard sometime back but not quite sure where. Failed one and was suspended and then failed another while on suspension. Do not quote me on this as I'm not sure where I got it

A1BD8A20-5E4E-4491-A250-677D3891ED24.jpeg

I did not watch the game but see in the box score ETSU starters had only 3 points altogether. I'm thinking that's either an error... or has to be quite the bummer for them.

Deleted member 746094

D
I did not watch the game but see in the box score ETSU starters had only 3 points altogether. I'm thinking that's either an error... or has to be quite the bummer for them.

Saw a graphic posted towards end of game that showed bench points. It was ETSU- 48 ILL- 4. So 3 points for their starters is probably about right.

Did not watch or listen to the game. No one with more than 3 fouls yet still caused 20 turnovers. Is this the first game where no one reached at least 4 fouls? Any reason it was so much better?

We did a better job of keeping our hands up and avoiding touch fouls. Also - the refs helped us out with block/charge which has NOT been a common theme this year.

We did foul two three point shooters in the first half, but ETSU shot something like 4/11 from the FT line that half.

As long as I am complaining...we spend all week working hard in practice, two guys show up late for the shoot around and we hold them out the entire game...so we get no game implementation of all our hard work!

Does Michigan or Indiana do that, I mean couldn’t they play the second half...

Complaining about consequences for disrespecting the TEAM by being late? You are surely trolling...