Illinois 73, Michigan State 70 POSTGAME

Illini Proud

I'm so proud of how hard these kids have fought. What an incredible effort from everyone tonight. So glad to see State Farm packed and rocking to send our seniors out in style. We made mistakes, they made mistakes, they made their runs, we fought them off. So nice to see a team that refuses to give up. Great great effort. Thanks you guys!

great win tonight. So happy for the seniors. The crowd was amazing. Now please, let's take care of Rutgers. On to the next one

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
giphy.gif

Yep. I'm not going to lie. Malcolm Hill just made me cry.

Absolute legend.

Malcolm just brought tears to my eyes for the second time tonight (first was the senior night video).... wow what an Illini. We are all on the same wavelength right now cheering for that man and this whole team of fighters to make the Big Dance. Sport can be such a powerful thing man :chief:

79illinois

Winnetka, IL
Malcolm Hill. Indeed, an Illini great. So happy for him. Gave it his all for 4 years, and not done yet. And a Weber recruit originally, right?

westms77

Gilbert, AZ
I'm so proud of how hard these kids have fought. What an incredible effort from everyone tonight. So glad to see State Farm packed and rocking to send our seniors out in style. We made mistakes, they made mistakes, they made their runs, we fought them off. So nice to see a team that refuses to give up. Great great effort. Thanks you guys!

Couldn't have said it better!

Wow MH.......maybe just became my favorite Illini ever. What a moment.

Great last interview at home for MH, MM played a very good final, and TA found his touch again....thanks to all the seniors overall.

For all the aggravations, the losing, the debates about the coach/s, it is good to see the team gel, laugh, smile and win....the joy we witnessed tonight is the joy all of us fans have come to expect from our team....

This by far every second of this game is the most enjoyable from start to finish, including a very emotional farewell from the undisputed leader of the team...GO ILLINI!

Amen.

Deleted member 4960

D
Have to get Malcolm in the tournament after that interview! Were almost there! 2 or 3 more wins we really have a chance! Have to beat Rutgers!!!!!

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
powerful interview. thanked his family, friends, and illini nation for the love he's received the last 4yrs

We all agreed on the stakes from the outset of the season. We all agreed that the front half of the BIG schedule was brutal, but we could rally back strong in the back half. My point, after watching those post game interviews, is that I hope we are ALL rooting for this to continue, with a Rutgers win, 2 or more BTT wins, a tourney bid, and then just keep going. And if the deal was that tourney = I get to root for JFG next year - I'm all for it. Go Illini!

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Hats off to these guys and the coaches. They turned it up a notch and have kept it there. Playing really hard right now. Always bittersweet to see the seniors on senior night. Hope they absolutely crush Rutgers.

Deleted member 4960

D
Oh I'm rooting for them to win out. I rather win and get in the tourney then fire Groce any day. Hopefully he will eventually learn how to win in January!

Every player who hit the floor tonight made a great contribution. A true team effort. All the more amazing how much Hill carried us?

79illinois

Winnetka, IL
Only 7 Illini turnovers. Very, very solid indeed. Hats off to Leron Black and of course Malcolm and Mav and indeed all the players. Great team win.