Illinois 74, Northwestern 69 OT POSTGAME

illini80

Forgottonia
Congrats guys. Didn’t feel good but they pulled it out. I guess that’s all that matters tonight.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
giphy.gif

“We won’t miss AJ next year” - someone on loyalty. I remember seeing that a few days ago on the board. LOL, the little things he did in the OT period made that win possible, glad he’s getting at least one more game in an Illini uniform. He will definitely be missed, round of applause for Giorgi too

I am going to have nightmares this evening about the shrieker.

“We won’t miss AJ next year” - someone on loyalty. I remember seeing that a few days ago on the board. LOL, the little things he did in the OT period made that win possible, glad he’s getting at least one more game in an Illini uniform. He will definitely be missed, round of applause for Giorgi too
I will miss AJ because of the effort he gave and the fact he was frequently playing out of position and never complained.

LeinieGuy

Will work for bourbon
Lexington, KY
Why has Damonte failed to develop and progress in his ability these past 2 months? I'm happy with his defensive ability to block passing lanes, but past that, I'm not seeing much but an over-fouling player who can't shoot.

There was a point in the second half where Trent and Ayo missed good looks from three back to back that I thought may cost us. Pretty good redemption by them in OT to make back to back threes. Beat Iowa tomorrow to get confidence going into next season and roll the dice the rest of the way and hope to get lucky!!!

Deleted member 746317

D
It looks like we had two solid games from GB and Trent, supported by a very nice job by Feliz. And, ... that's almost it (not counting what AJ or others did in OT)? Can't do well when you only get 2.5 players worth of solid play.

Still seems like we cannot get Ayo and Trent contributing complete games at the same time. Any ideas on that?

Well, at least we avoided the worst possible ending to the season. Losing on Wednesday to a last place Northwestern team would have been rock bottom. May not have been the same result had Vic Law played, but I'm just happy we won. Hopefully this win can get the guys fired up and playing better tomorrow. We did look pretty good in overtime.

Deleted member 31586

D
Giorgi is really good (probably the only NBA player on the team). No way is Ayo ready for the league. Trent has is a nice college player. I will really miss AJ he is what college badketball is all about. Feliz is really the best guard on the team ( hence why he is trusred to take the last shot). Reality is we are not good. This is what a bottem dweller of the league game looks like.

We are a BIG ORANGE FAMILY. Giorgi is just outstanding on the court and the interview.

Deleted member 11464

D
I know this will come as a shock, but KN and DW went a combined 0-6 tonight.