Illinois 74, Northwestern 69 OT POSTGAME

Not our best game, but they don’t draw pictures on the scorecard, only the score. Thanks guys, great effort. Beat the Squawkeyes!

LeinieGuy

Will work for bourbon
Lexington, KY
I know this will come as a shock, but KN and DW went a combined 0-6 tonight.
Kipper is a known Jekyll/Hyde player, but why has Damonte been so ineffective? He fouls more than he scores every game.

illiniCA

DC Area
Giorgi is really good (probably the only NBA player on the team). No way is Ayo ready for the league. Trent has is a nice college player. I will really miss AJ he is what college badketball is all about. Feliz is really the best guard on the team ( hence why he is trusred to take the last shot). Reality is we are not good. This is what a bottem dweller of the league game looks like..

There is a lot wrong with this post. It's written as if this game is representative of the season.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
i don’t know what you all expected but this team won 2 more games than I saw at beginning of year. They fight. They compete, they’re inconsistent. They’re building. I want them to succeed. I don’t care how many nba players they have. I love watching them fight and they WILL be better next year. I suggest you enjoy it. Otherwise stop watching.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
Giorgi is really good (probably the only NBA player on the team). No way is Ayo ready for the league. Trent has is a nice college player. I will really miss AJ he is what college badketball is all about. Feliz is really the best guard on the team ( hence why he is trusred to take the last shot). Reality is we are not good. This is what a bottem dweller of the league game looks like.
Well put. Jones better play tomorrow night.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
i don’t know what you all expected but this team won 2 more games than I saw at beginning of year. They fight. They compete, they’re inconsistent. They’re building. I want them to succeed. I don’t care how many nba players they have. I love watching them fight and they WILL be better next year. I suggest you enjoy it. Otherwise stop watching.
you want thirty something wins root for duke and come back in a couple of years when we’re in the elite 8. We won’t judge you too harshly.

Giorgi is really good (probably the only NBA player on the team). No way is Ayo ready for the league. Trent has is a nice college player. I will really miss AJ he is what college badketball is all about. Feliz is really the best guard on the team ( hence why he is trusred to take the last shot). Reality is we are not good. This is what a bottem dweller of the league game looks like.
We can agree on the small things, but let us bask in the glory of a win - even if it is over the last place Northwesternsucks kitties. We did not play well, but we won. Period.

Glad they won. Season's not over yet.

Part of me wonders where the team went that had that nice win streak and top-25 wins. We should be able to win 1 more though.

Giorgi obviously shined but we don’t win that without Trents offense. He hit some huge shots. His best game in a while.

LJ22

Chicago, IL
Lots of bad words will flow from my mouth if TU gets any legitimate tick against the Hawkeyes.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
All the talk - especially from me - about Underwood’s losing record in close game need to revel in this win. Ask yourself if you’ve felt this much intensity in Illini games in recent years. We can compete with anybody we’re now winning some of them. I love it. I love watching Illini basketball and now I’m going to sleep.

Deleted member 236589

D
To me, this helps recruiting. I don't know what the attendance was, but on TV, the crowd looked and sounded pretty good.