Illinois 74, Ohio State 55 POSTGAME

OMG we're gonna win 4 B1G games, we're terrible, this is last year all over again... HA. People need to relax and take it one game at a time. This is obviously a good team. I was as pissed about the Purdue game as anybody, but let's not panic next time this team loses.

Big time win today. Egwu was a beast. He's not gonna overpower anybody, he has a different game. People need to accept that, and if he continues to play like he did today, he is the center of the future. Also, BP3 didn't score 43 today, because it was a great TEAM WIN. Best team effort I've seen all year.

Just back from the game. Really good to see a full Hall. Even better to see such a fine performance. Been a long time since they've played that well against a good team in the Hall.

I hereby name Egwu the X-factor the the remaining games this season. In games he plays like that, Illinois will be tough to beat.

Banned
Austin, MN
Big or more like HUGE win after a disappointing loss! Not to "poop on the parade", but I wonder why Griffey continues to get as much tick as he does.

Griffey: 23 minutes; 1-7fg/0-6 3PFG; 4rbs; 2pts
Henry: 10minutes; 1-2 3PFG; 2rbs; 3pts

I am not sure how to translate Henry's game into Griffey's minutes, but maybe someone better at statistics than me can complete it (my guess 6-7pts, 4-5 rbs)

Again not trying to kill the energy, but Griffey has struggled a LOT lately.

Banned
The paign born and raised
I've been at work so I didn't get to see the game. Can somebody tell me how we were able to dominate OSU? I'm assuming we came out with way more intensity than we did against PU.

Long and the short of it was, we played stellar defense and rebounded the ball the best we have all year to limit second chance points. Also we denied them in their transition game.

W/R/T Nanna, I agree that he has struggled in the early going this year. But, as other posters have said, I believe he has shown steady improvement as well. All of the tools are there. In my mind he is a "212 degrees" player just like how Groce described Abrams. Not saying that the lightbulb has officially clicked on, but he took a huge step forward today. The offense is nice, but his defense has been great the last two games, and his rebounding today was where it needed to be.

Once Egwu has it figured out we will be a really, really tough team to beat.

Missouri illini Fan
Warrenton Missouri
Great win....thinking Purdue loss was a good thing and a reminder that nobody is going to give you anything in this conference. Quick observation....anybody notice Devin Langford not on the bench?
The announcers said he was out sick.:chief::hailtotheorange:

We are 14-2 with two wins against Top Ten teams. If you aren't absolutely ecstatic, then that's on you.

There will be more lows like Purdue and there will be more highs like today. But I will continue to enjoy this team and this season! Bring on the Gophers!

Look at it this way. Come tourney time, Purdue probably won't be a key loss but OSU will be a key win. Loss vs a mediocre team + win vs top 10 team > Win vs mediocre team + Loss vs top 10 team
I think six more wins gets us in.
Seven for sure.
Very doable.
I want a lot more, of course. :)

RT @WernerESPNCU #illini Brandon Paul wearing huge ice bag on his left leg

Big or more like HUGE win after a disappointing loss! Not to "poop on the parade", but I wonder why Griffey continues to get as much tick as he does.

Griffey: 23 minutes; 1-7fg/0-6 3PFG; 4rbs; 2pts
Henry: 10minutes; 1-2 3PFG; 2rbs; 3pts

I am not sure how to translate Henry's game into Griffey's minutes, but maybe someone better at statistics than me can complete it (my guess 6-7pts, 4-5 rbs)

Again not trying to kill the energy, but Griffey has struggled a LOT lately.
Very strange of you to focus on this after a Great team victory, but just to the fact straight here are Griffey's shooting lines from the last 4 games, 61% from the field and 54% from 3, he also is leading the team in 3pt% on the year. That is why he is getting minutes. Pretty simple.

Very nice effort by the Illini. We rebounded much better, more fast breaks,
our defense seemed much better. Excellent hustle.

Nnanna improved his game, and defense, and Joe always leaves me smiling
as he silently scores (shoots a very high percentage), rebounds, and does the little hustles. Another excellent job Joe.

One quick comment to the assistants. Nice job helping Nnanna and and all the other guys to improve.

Keep following Coach G's lead, hustle and we should beat Minn at home.

Go Illini.

It always amazes me that, only in the B1G can you beat a team by 20 at home and lose to that same team by 20 away.

I know that some of it is the home crowd, momentum, etc., but I think a lot of it is home cooking by the refs (not that I'm complaining about the refs today).
You are correct that home cooking accounts for most if not all of it. There have been plenty of studies (google it) that show that officials in all sports, due mostly to human nature, call the game in favor of the home team. Purdue played the home court advantage very well - as the rough play/handchecking/pushing would not have worked on the road - they would have been whistled for fouls. These same studies show that teams do not shoot significantly better on the home court.

Alum and Illini Dad
Chicago
Awesome game coast to coast.

Did anybody see Groce do that Predator/Clay Matthews pose on the sideline at one point...?

I'll admit that I was really down after the Purdue game and thought the season could spiral out of control after that loss. This team definitely proved me wrong. Just hope we can keep it up and take it one game at a time.

Great win....thinking Purdue loss was a good thing and a reminder that nobody is going to give you anything in this conference. Quick observation....anybody notice Devin Langford not on the bench?
Maybe like that 2003 loss to Providence?

We only played 8 today, with Henry getting 11 min.

I was wondering why Devin didn't get his usual 4-5 minutes.