Illinois 75, Northwestern 71 POSTGAME

This would almost always be a great display to flash to make the anti DaMonte playing arguement...just not this game, as the main person who most clamor about to take the starter position only had 3 himself today. DaMonte did get a big block, but they still scored. Griffin was off today, most days the arguement would make sense though.

Rusty win, damn layoff's, today a ton of Top25 teams went down...we did not!

Congrats to the team, Trent Frazier for his milestone.

Better figure out some things for on the road though against the lacrosse PG and BabbaBuie who will be back by then.
Yeah...and away game at NW is the one everyone is considering one of few likely away wins. Penn State wins over OSU...most realistically expecting road challenges ahead except for Ptown who expects to run the table almost:)

Last edited:
I love Adam Miller's game, followed his play for years. But I am 100% ok missing out on him if by some freak accident Ayo decides to be a 4 year player. The level of play from Ayo is outstanding as of late.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Gee, I wonder what everyone thinks about Damonte?

giphy.gif

I love Adam Miller's game, followed his play for years. But I am 100% ok missing out on him if by some freak accident Ayo decides to be a 4 year player. The level of play from Ayo is outstanding as of late.
He gets tough buckets when buckets are tough to get. It’s hard to find guys like that.

I like DMW too, but lets be realistic ,he has no offense to his game. Especially in a zone he should play only very limited minutes. Every time he gets the ball the defense sags off him, just daring him to shoot. I really thought Griffin should have played more at the end. He could of helped with rebounding and his length may have caused NW to miss a couple of shots. On whole I thought we played our best half court offense I have seen for a while and NW is going to beat some teams if they continue to play like they did today.

Actually thought we played well but they were much better than I expected. Even the easy games aren’t easy.

It's funny how many people think Ayo's statistics will be directly related to his draft slot. His potential is obvious. He's leaving. Mid first round at the latest.
But every draft board has him as a late second or worse. But I agree with your assessment.

I like DMW too, but lets be realistic ,he has no offense to his game. Especially in a zone he should play only very limited minutes. Every time he gets the ball the defense sags off him, just daring him to shoot. I really thought Griffin should have played more at the end. He could of helped with rebounding and his length may have caused NW to miss a couple of shots. On whole I thought we played our best half court offense I have seen for a while and NW is going to beat some teams if they continue to play like they did today.
When the team is shooting over 50% we just dont need DW or AG offense. I did love the backdoor bounce pass from DW to Ayo cutting. We did well with 4 guards later in game, with DW in lineup. AG will have many shining moments as an Illini...his O was luckily not needed today.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Glad we took care of business at home. Love these character-building wins. Hoping we can go up to Evanston next month and throw some of our sand around the Kitties' litter box.

Gonna eat some delicious crow - @jrichisamazing called a four-game winning streak heading into the Purdue game, and I called him crazy.

Let's goooo! It wasn't always pretty but they found a way to get it done.

This game was always going to be awkward. Week off, no Krush, bad opponent. It was good to see them improve as the game went on. Giorgi's jump shooting was on point today. Let's hope that continues.