Illinois 75, Northwestern 71 POSTGAME

You realize there is a defensive end of the court as well right...
that what AG is for, you realize you cant play 4 on 5 on the offensive dont you, it be different if his shots close

Last edited:

hin10

O'Fallon, MO
Anybody that knows how to figure this out and can say when we last won a game as a top 25 team?

We have come so far... but still have so much further to climb.. We need to move to the 1997-2005 era again. We are making the right steps in the right direction. I think we do have a coach that can build this program back to where it should be and will be! I-L-L
Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 5.39.22 PM.jpg

I think my favorite thing about the post-game threads is the opposing coach's comments. Especially lately, you get the sense that they honestly respect the job BU is doing and view the Illini as legit. That makes me confident.

And for some reason, I like it when the opposing coach refers to our players with their first name instead of last name.

illiniCA

DC Area
Ranked teams that lost to non-ranked teams today:

#4 Auburn
#5 Butler
#12 West Virginia
#16 Wichita St
#20 Colorado
#21 Ohio State
#24 Illi...

Oh wait, no, we won.

It’s a good day.

I saw colorado lost to AZ....... I have no idea how AZ is not ranked

Yes, BUT ..... What concerns me is we could not pull away at home against them and yet again we let someone go off on a career day. We really did not play very inspired on D. Not sure why we felt like we had to help on D alot and leave the 3 point line open.
Agreed, we over helped. Let the big dogs deal with the drives. Stay with the shooters, especially in the short side.

Yes, BUT ..... What concerns me is we could not pull away at home against them and yet again we let someone go off on a career day. We really did not play very inspired on D. Not sure why we felt like we had to help on D alot and leave the 3 point line open.
Relax, NW has played everyone close this year.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Relax, NW has played everyone close this year.
I was sceptical of this so I checked and you are pretty spot on. I was surprised how close many of the scores were. One of their worst losses was by 14 to Purdue at Purdue which was a lot closer than MSU got. And also a warning to Illinois perhaps,

Anybody that knows how to figure this out and can say when we last won a game as a top 25 team?

(If you’re ever trying to find something like this, Wikipedia has a page on literally all of our seasons.)

12/6/2014 ... vs. American ... lol (we were #24)

Last time we beat a power five team while ranked?

1/5/2013 vs. #8 Ohio State (we were #11)

NW roster has 2 seniors and 1 junior, they are very young but not untalented. They also are one of the tallest rosters in D1 on average with I believe 4 players 6'10".

They lost to MSU by 5, had Indiana beat at Bloomington, destroyed Boston College in Boston. Before this year is over, they are going to take down a couple of very good teams at home. It is critical that we are not one of them.

I think my favorite thing about the post-game threads is the opposing coach's comments. Especially lately, you get the sense that they honestly respect the job BU is doing and view the Illini as legit. That makes me confident.

And for some reason, I like it when the opposing coach refers to our players with their first name instead of last name.

Yep,I see that as well. We have a real good coach and the future/present is very bright.

NW roster has 2 seniors and 1 junior, they are very young but not untalented. They also are one of the tallest rosters in D1 on average with I believe 4 players 6'10".

They lost to MSU by 5, had Indiana beat at Bloomington, destroyed Boston College in Boston. Before this year is over, they are going to take down a couple of very good teams at home. It is critical that we are not one of them.
Bottom line is Northwestern is better than their record.

If we were to revisit the squabble from last week over the distance in feet of Trent's three-point attempts, and the Northwestern game was used as n=1, those arguing he takes long threes would be victorious.