Illinois 77, UNLV 74 POSTGAME

blackdog

Champaign
Closer than we would have liked at the end but overall a MUCH stronger showing overall by almost everyone.

IllFanInMi

I
Our paint must look like the Grand Canyon to the opposition

Deleted member 29907

D
Earth to Feliz "Take the layup" if they had fouled you dribbling it out and you missed they still had a chance. Hard to make a 5 point play

Deleted member 554798

D
I was honestly more impressed with our play in a few of our losses. A wins a win but that was just rough on he eyes to watch!

IllFanInMi

I
I do have say until the last 4 minutes or so we really saw a lot more of what this offense actually looks like and it was niiice.

Promising yes, but the competition probably has a lot to do about that.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Nice to see the freshmen hit some clutch free throws at the end. Game should not have come down to free throws, tho. UNLV looked worse than what I've seen from Rutgers this year. B1G season is looking very rough.

Played some pretty solid ball with contributions from some unexpected sources. Built a double digit lead, then pretty much fell apart to let UNLV back into it. Good thing the game wasn't 41 minutes long.

Like it that we won but not encouraged.

sacraig

The desert
I stand by my assessment from before the season that this team will quite possibly be a pretty good, tournament-quality team by the end of the season. Unfortunately, I fear we may have already squandered too many games to actually make the tournament. Maybe this is setting up to be a blockbuster NIT for us?

Heh.

I stand by my assessment from before the season that this team will quite possibly be a pretty good, tournament-quality team by the end of the season. Unfortunately, I fear we may have already squandered too many games to actually make the tournament. Maybe this is setting up to be a blockbuster NIT for us?

Heh.
I'm not seeing the same thing you're seeing. I'm seeing a 10 win team. I hope your vision is better than mine.

foby

Bonnaroo Land

Heh.
Strength of schedule could be the ultimate key here.

Really liked Kane and Feliz today. Hope Kane starts absorbing DLR’s minutes. His ceiling is infinitely higher.

Really dislike underwood dressing down Feliz like that toward the end of the game. It’s a bad look, especially after the performance Feliz had today.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Much better to win like this than by 10+. Important for these younguns to win a close one. Great to see big games from SK, KN, AG and AF. The system is working and improvements are coming bit by bit. We will be sweating the bubble in March.

I'll take a win any way I can get it! lol

(definitely need to cut down on the turnovers please)

It was more the porous defense, we ran the clock down and hit the shots. A couple of passive no shots at the end, but most of their comeback was poor defense.