Illinois 78, Iowa 76 POSTGAME

Wow....there are some serious lines being crossed over there. Reference about us being in the basement....admittedly we haven't been where we've wanted to be the last decade and a half, but I was surprised to find out that even so, we've won 6 Big Ten Championships since they last time Iowa has taken one home (1979) and own 17 ships to their 8.

Wow....there are some serious lines being crossed over there. Reference about us being in the basement....admittedly we haven't been where we've wanted to be the last decade and a half, but I was surprised to find out that even so, we've won 6 Big Ten Championships since they last time Iowa has taken one home (1979) and own 17 ships to their 8.
Never use facts in an internet argument. It confuses the ranter.

Tacomallini

Washington State
So I live out West and have little kids with bedtime routines, so I rarely catch a game live. That was the deal on Sunday, and I was looking forward to the Iowa game all weekend, as I'm sure all of you were too. Before starting I get a text from a buddy (who's already spoiled 1 game this year and is about to get blocked til April). While in motion to throw my phone across the room before the spoiler could get burned into my retinas, I accidentally see "5 seed here we come" or something which I interpret as Iowa wins, IL gets the 5 seed. [Guess it was really a bold NCAA tourney prediction, but I didn't realize it at the time.] Instead I'm ticked. Don't wanna watch the game. Hating on Iowa more than usual. Clean the house while (no complaints from the Mrs. there). Finally watch the game. Waiting for the Iowa comeback in 2nd half. Convinced that Garza's last shot was going in to force overtime, or get an +1 and win the game on the free-throw line. And then...IT DOESN'T HAPPEN! KOFI WITH THE CLEAN SWAT!!! Garza with the sadface, sitting on his bottom. Victory. Illinois. Varsity. Still pissed at my buddy though, lol.

So I live out West and have little kids with bedtime routines, so I rarely catch a game live. That was the deal on Sunday, and I was looking forward to the Iowa game all weekend, as I'm sure all of you were too. Before starting I get a text from a buddy (who's already spoiled 1 game this year and is about to get blocked til April). While in motion to throw my phone across the room before the spoiler could get burned into my retinas, I accidentally see "5 seed here we come" or something which I interpret as Iowa wins, IL gets the 5 seed. [Guess it was really a bold NCAA tourney prediction, but I didn't realize it at the time.] Instead I'm ticked. Don't wanna watch the game. Hating on Iowa more than usual. Clean the house while (no complaints from the Mrs. there). Finally watch the game. Waiting for the Iowa comeback in 2nd half. Convinced that Garza's last shot was going in to force overtime, or get an +1 and win the game on the free-throw line. And then...IT DOESN'T HAPPEN! KOFI WITH THE CLEAN SWAT!!! Garza with the sadface, sitting on his bottom. Victory. Illinois. Varsity. Still pissed at my buddy though, lol.
Funny story!

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
If you've got friends who can't watch live — respect the media blackout, period :LOL:. It's already harder than it seems. I used to think, if I had to drive around C-U after a game but before I could watch the replay, that I could tell from how people were driving in C-U whether we'd won or lost!

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
-Very cool to see Garza's dad high five ayo after the game, the guy loves hoops
-Garza took pics with orange Krush after (hard to dislike the garza guys after all that)

This makes Garza my second favorite Iowa player of all time, right after B.J. Armstrong for playing for Bulls championship teams...is there another? I guess Jess Settles is a pretty good announcer...BUT THAT'S IT DAMMIT!

Tacomallini

Washington State
If you've got friends who can't watch live — respect the media blackout, period :LOL:. It's already harder than it seems. I used to think, if I had to drive around C-U after a game but before I could watch the replay, that I could tell from how people were driving in C-U whether we'd won or lost!
Truth.
I worked at Picadilly Liquor Store on campus when I turned 21 (RIP, Picadilly). I forget if it was a basketball or football game, but I was literally wearing a handwritten sign that said "RECORDING THE GAME. PLEASE, NO SPOILERS" and some knucklehead tells me, "Well, I won't spoil the game, but lemme just say you're going to be disappointed." And then I punched him in the face. That last bit might be a bit of an embellishment.

Couple of thoughts.
Frazier always is solid defensively, but his shooting over the past few moths has just been awful. We need him to get going if we want to make noise in b10 tourney and the big one. I was hoping his layup and 3 during the 2nd half in the span of about 45 seconds would help turn things around for him. Alan Griffin after a huge game on the road at NW has taken a step back. Not too worried about him tho, his jump from last year to this year has been tremendous. I hate Iowa, but they are a great team and Garza is a phenomenal college bball player with a very punchable face. Having the double bye and likely playing Iowa has me excited and also nervous. Time to make some noise. Go Illini

This makes Garza my second favorite Iowa player of all time, right after B.J. Armstrong for playing for Bulls championship teams...is there another? I guess Jess Settles is a pretty good announcer...BUT THAT'S IT DAMMIT!
100% agree with this. His dad is totally cool. Just out supporting his kid. He obviously has great respect for the rivalry and just the moment. It was really cool to see that, hard fought on the court then just enjoy how great that game really was.

It is also short for "pusillanimous," meaning showing a lack of courage or determination; timid. Now you can be politically correct and not sacrifice the use a perfectly succinct word.
I would like to add that his "HOLD ME BACK, BRO" performance in Iowa City with about 30 friendlies between him and whoever he was yelling at qualifies as Grade-A Poltroonery.

As good as Garza is in today's game...all Iowa players should bow to Ronnie Lester.

illini80

Forgottonia
Yep, for all the crap this board has dished out on him, that was a first class thing to do. Major props.