Illinois 79, Michigan State 74 POSTGAME

Only way to listen to an Illini game is on the tunein app on my phone and Brian Barnhart and whoever his partner is....
His partner is the great Deon Thomas. I tried listening to their broadcast while watching on TV, but they were never in sync.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
His partner is the great Deon Thomas. I tried listening to their broadcast while watching on TV, but they were never in sync.

Deon is the primary announcer when not doing B1G stuff , but then it's Doug Altenberger and one game it was Nate Mast..

The tunein app on my phone has a pause button and my hulu can be paused so getting in sync is relatively easy at least for me....i have listened to every game on tunein and never have had a sync problem ...Brian B.. is an excellent announcer IMHO

Deon is the primary announcer when not doing B1G stuff , but then it's Doug Altenberger and one game it was Nate Mast..

The tunein app on my phone has a pause button and my hulu can be paused so getting in sync is relatively easy at least for me....i have listened to every game on tunein and never have had a sync problem ...Brian B.. is an excellent announcer IMHO

Deon is just too good. Quick in thought, great language skills and knowledgeable.

BTW, the livestat that Dan includes, is about 3-5 seconds ahead of TV or Radio. If the score does not change on the screen you know there is a TO of some sort. And, if the IL score jumps by 3, you can expect Brian to go ballistic. Fun.

We can, will, win the BTT.

Need to get Alan and Samba into the rotation without loss in efficiency.
I liked that in the locker room after the game Griffin was as pumped as anyone in there. Was that Higgs in the white shirt by BU after he got drenched?

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Remember when we were by far the most dominant BTT team over like it's first 10 years? I remember.

*Sigh*
60991792.jpg

Man, that wins gotta feel good for them boys, and coach. Makes it a lot easier to buy into the system and culture going forward when you see positive results.
I hope Kip continues to thrive in his new role.

On a side note, I can’t stand Tom Izzo. I’ve had the displeasure of meeting him a few times, and his personality is so pukey. If he wasn’t such a good coach, players wouldn’t come play for him.

Man, that wins gotta feel good for them boys, and coach. Makes it a lot easier to buy into the system and culture going forward when you see positive results.
I hope Kip continues to thrive in his new role.

On a side note, I can’t stand Tom Izzo. I’ve had the displeasure of meeting him a few times, and his personality is so pukey. If he wasn’t such a good coach, players wouldn’t come play for him.
I always liked Izzo, but last night he just seemed petty and snide.

Deleted member 11241

D
I always liked Izzo, but last night he just seemed petty and snide.

I used to really liked him and had a lot of respect for him. Ever since he made those comments when we fired his little buddy, he has done nothing but bash our program and his comments in the post game last night just made him sound like a crybaby loser. The past few years watching him on the sidelines he just whines more and more every year. His arrogance knows no bounds. I really don't see him coaching very much longer.

Also, I browsed through that MSU thread and wow, that was brutal. I thought some of our fans were bad but those guys are on another level. I'm glad we have someone like Dan that moderates our threads.

Deleted member 4333

D
I used to really liked him and had a lot of respect for him. Ever since he made those comments when we fired his little buddy, he has done nothing but bash our program and his comments in the post game last night just made him sound like a crybaby loser. The past few years watching him on the sidelines he just whines more and more every year. His arrogance knows no bounds. I really don't see him coaching very much longer.

Also, I browsed through that MSU thread and wow, that was brutal. I thought some of our fans were bad but those guys are on another level. I'm glad we have someone like Dan that moderates our threads.

There are some real bitter fans over there.

I am going to wait till IL gets to be REAL good.

Like next year. :devilish:. And grow some horns.

(I need to make an emoticon depicting Eddie Johnson's shot that beat MSU.)

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Remember when we were by far the most dominant BTT team over like it's first 10 years? I remember.

*Sigh*
Back when I would just assume we would be playing on Sunday of the BTT every year. Ahhhhhh those were the days.

IlliniRon

Illini Basketball Fan Forever
Ft Worth, Texas
Stayed up late last night watching the entire game recorded version. ESPN coverage had my friends texting me during my commute home. That was really worth watching every minute. This was the style of basketball I had expected from Coach Underwood's philosophy, with more shots for Illini due to steals and forcing turnovers, so it's apparent that he now has the right players and they are able to play that way. Giorgi is a big time player and amazing that he is such a gem since I was not sure when he was recruited, great hook shots with either hand. We knew Ayo was a player and he really showed it in this game. Lots of the game looked like a highlight reel, so I'm still enjoying the videos. Amazing turnaround is happening with the program, so I'm glad a lot of us were patient with the new coach and his system. The future looks very bright!

Stayed up late last night watching the entire game recorded version. ESPN coverage had my friends texting me during my commute home. That was really worth watching every minute. This was the style of basketball I had expected from Coach Underwood's philosophy, with more shots for Illini due to steals and forcing turnovers, so it's apparent that he now has the right players and they are able to play that way. Giorgi is a big time player and amazing that he is such a gem since I was not sure when he was recruited, great hook shots with either hand. We knew Ayo was a player and he really showed it in this game. Lots of the game looked like a highlight reel, so I'm still enjoying the videos. Amazing turnaround is happening with the program, so I'm glad a lot of us were patient with the new coach and his system. The future looks very bright!

I agree about Giorgi. I liked the off season training videos that were posted on him, but I wouldn't have ever imagined that he would step right in and be a difference maker like he has. He has really progressed since the beginning of the year on both sides of the ball. I really liked his throw down last night (Augustinesque) and the ally oop. He is going to be a handful down the line with more experience. He isn't fazed by the spotlight and he has the perfect attitude and demeanor. He will be a Fan favorite for sure.

I agree about Giorgi. I liked the off season training videos that were posted on him, but I wouldn't have ever imagined that he would step right in and be a difference maker like he has. He has really progressed since the beginning of the year on both sides of the ball. I really liked his throw down last night (Augustinesque) and the ally oop. He is going to be a handful down the line with more experience. He isn't fazed by the spotlight and he has the perfect attitude and demeanor. He will be a Fan favorite for sure.
He's a freshman center, WOW!

Watching MSU looks very similar to other programs before a giant fall off. I think their run is coming to a long painful end.