Illinois 79, Michigan State 74 POSTGAME

Leonard was a monster defensively his sophomore year, averaged over 8 rebounds/gm, and shot about 60%!! He looked ready for the jump to the NBA and we were lucky to have him.

Agree with your comments about the offense running well. It's interesting to see Trent talk about how he's trusting the guys now, whereas before he thought he needed to go out and get 30 a game for us to win. With Ayo and Giorgi in particular, he's got guys he trusts to make good decisions and execute the offense. The whole thing is starting to come together, and a big chunk of that is on the defensive end. We're actually getting stops, and lowering the looks the other side gets.

As a fan, I used to find myself getting frustrated by the other team's open looks, and lately I find myself complimenting the other team when they manage to get one. We're not making it easy on the defensive end, and when you get stops, you can win tough games.

Honestly, I didn't think they could do it. Tip of the hat to everyone in the program who kept at it. Really fun to see them reap the rewards of that work.

Outstanding post, Calvin. I know you were skeptical, and hardly without good reason. Glad to see the team getting what Wood and the staff are teaching. The future is indeed very bright...and the present isn't bad either. Let's go Illini, keep it rolling against the Scarlet Knights!

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
So the player, injured, overweight, who hasn't practiced much, or played and is redshirting is so comfortable to be in BU's grill after a BIG win, shows me that BU has this team bought in 1st to last. Playing or not, unless, scholastics, I'm guessing Higgs is all in, and wants to be part of this.

Not to mention players taking the HC to lunch or texting just to ask how your day is going. Seriously. This is real, actual love.

This kind of stuff will be a grand slam with many recruits and their parents.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Where are the comments Cassius Winston said about Andres?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...ate-basketball-illinois-turnovers/2786917002/

Izzo was left perplexed — by the volume and “ridiculousness” of the turnovers, as well as the substandard play by his point guard, Winston.
The giveaways grew to 17 at halftime, seven of them for MSU's Big Ten player of the year candidate. And the Illini capitalized on them, scoring 18 points off the turnovers.
“They did a good job speeding us up, forcing us into tough situations,” said Winston, who finished with 21 points, nine assists and a career-worst nine turnovers in 37 minutes. “We just didn’t do our job of just staying poise, staying calm and running our offense.”

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Not to mention players taking the HC to lunch or texting just to ask how your day is going. Seriously. This is real, actual love.

This kind of stuff will be a grand slam with many recruits and their parents.

skeleton-animated-gif-17.gif

tumblr_mw8ajsTKNn1rlx538o5_250.gif

Love comes in many flavors, but Illini love is the best-est ever !

download.gif

game time in 2hrs-41 mins