Illinois 79, Purdue 62 POSTGAME

No
A-hem....
How’s the crow?

I might have underestimated. Still holding with three more total losses for the season....

Not to bad after the first couple bites.....sure didn't see that type of win coming on the road at Mackey....hope you're right on just 3 loses....that win convinced me as well as a lot of others we are legit and really took a big stride in making the tourney and possibly a conference title....whatever you were smoking earlier I;ll take some....lol

Chilliniwek

Chicagoland
Not nearly enough complimentary comments on here about BU, since he has gotten so many about him being a know-nothing, blah blah blah blah blah! I've seen him change his ways in more way than one and I laud him for it. The last couple of guys never could. And yes, laud is a real word, not a typo. I also don't condone what AG did, and we've all noticed he's got a bit of dirty in him. I will give him the benefit of the doubt only because it could have been retaliation, for what someone else mentioned earlier about the leg action, or it could have been something that happened earlier in the game or a couple of weeks ago. I don't think he's a thug, I 'm guessing it was revenge. Still not cool, and especially not out in the open. I think a one game suspension would be about right, plus he loses his beach house in whatever his favorite month is. Plus, he'll have to deal with not only BU, but his dad.

I didn't see a second of the game unfortunately, but after checking the box score, this team is so good when the shots are falling.

jmwillini

Tolono, IL
Haven't gone through the whole thread, but Griffen has to be thanking KU and KSU for making his transgression seem relatively minor. Wow, that was ugly..

Kofi has brought so much to this team....hard to imagine after Dakich drooling all night that the drooling wont be contagious from NBA teams. Quote from Ptown in pregame sums up my thoughts on Kofi and his impact..."Ye though I walk through the valley of death, I fear no evil, cause I'm walking with the biggest, baddest dude in the frickin' valley!"

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL
No he doesn't. If your 47 yrs old like me, this was a Love tap. Lmao... But Coach should run him up Assembly Hall stairs from court level 3x. But with people now, Might be considered child abuse. Alan is fine. I guarantee you his Dad will set him straight also! That's what good Dad's and Teammates are for!

It was out of line, regardless of age. That was the worst bit of acting I've even seen trying to play it off. This isn't a millennial snowflake issue. This is an unsportsmanlike play issue.

No he doesn't. If your 47 yrs old like me, this was a Love tap. Lmao... But Coach should run him up Assembly Hall stairs from court level 3x. But with people now, Might be considered child abuse. Alan is fine. I guarantee you his Dad will set him straight also! That's what good Dad's and Teammates are for!
I'm not much younger, still play all the time and you just don't do that. They were on the road against a very tough team and they're gonna need him, if not tonight then some other night. You can be chippy without stepping on guys. That's a Duke move.

It was out of line, regardless of age. That was the worst bit of acting I've even seen trying to play it off. This isn't a millennial snowflake issue. This is an unsportsmanlike play issue.

I agree. It was so dumb in this day and age especially. There are 10 cameras on you, man. They will for sure see you in all the possible ways and be able to watch it for as long as they need to.

Really shows a lack of character in my view. I immediately said in the game thread to throw him out and I hope he gets punished in a way that is public, since his action was public.

This is gonna be my last message I was also so impressed by demonte Williams tonight and kipper Nichols!!!!!!!!
it took a total team effort and they stepped up plain and simple just an amazing game by both those 2 young men, I tip my cap and applaud them both.

Bverdec

West Palm Beach, FL
Haven't gone through the whole thread, but Griffen has to be thanking KU and KSU for making his transgression seem relatively minor. Wow, that was ugly..
Remember when we tried to recruit Silvio De Sousa? And the FBI investigation? Seems like we dodged a bullet there.

azillini1

Scottsdale
Remember when we tried to recruit Silvio De Sousa? And the FBI investigation? Seems like we dodged a bullet there.
If I remember correctly, De Sousa had to sit out a year for recruiting issues.

I think Snacks may have been the assistant coach who grabbed the chair out of De Sousa's hands before he hit a KSU player with it.

I said after the Rutgers game that I didn't think we needed to be building a statue to BU just yet. But if the Illini keep going in this direction, I might need to start gathering the materials. Sure, the guys are playing better, but I have to give credit where credit is due. On the other hand, how in the wild world of sports did this team lose to Missouri exactly one month ago?

Anyway, onward and upward.

I agree. It was so dumb in this day and age especially. There are 10 cameras on you, man. They will for sure see you in all the possible ways and be able to watch it for as long as they need to.

Really shows a lack of character in my view. I immediately said in the game thread to throw him out and I hope he gets punished in a way that is public, since his action was public.

One game suspension at least, and a public apology to the opposing players, his teammates and fans

Bverdec

West Palm Beach, FL
If I remember correctly, De Sousa had to sit out a year for recruiting issues.

I think Snacks may have been the assistant coach who grabbed the chair out of De Sousa's hands before he hit a KSU player with it.
Yep. It was.