Illinois 79, Purdue 62 POSTGAME

18-19 94% from the line I have not seen that mentioned that was great!

Really other the the AG brain fart the only thing i was frustrated with was the TOs in the first half. They played great in the second half fixing that.

What a great victory! Boiler Down!

Last edited:
I remember a couple weeks ago thinking that if Georgi could work on his 3-pointer a little that could really be a weapon. It seems to me that he and Cockburn are working better when they are on the floor together.
Exactly - that nice bounce pass from the high post into Kofi can't get picked off if Giorgi is a threat to shoot from that spot

illiniCA

DC Area
Damonte can be frustrating but shout for the mins at the 4 that should a huge ask

One game suspension at least, and a public apology to the opposing players, his teammates and fans

He is (we are) very lucky Kansas was 100 times more stupid tonight. A one game suspension & a humble real apology should be enough to let this go and let Alan move on with his growth. We will need him.

Much like I did following the Wisconsin game, here's the series history regarding recent match-ups with Purdue and the last time the following events occurred:

-Defeated Purdue in football and basketball in the same season: 2015-16 (Football won in West Lafayette 48-14; Basketball won at home vs. Purdue 84-70; lost late in the season in West Lafayette 89-58)
-Defeated Purdue in football and basketball in West Lafayette in the same season: 1991-92 (Football won 41-14; Basketball won at Purdue 76-71)
-Defeated Purdue in football and swept them in basketball in the same season: 1991-92 (The two games mentioned above plus a basketball win at home about a month before the game at Purdue)

201154JC

Rockford, IL
That made me go find this.

Man, I wish Damonte had about half the offensive confidence and skill that his dad had.

Thanks for posting that. Great memories. Frank was a magician. Truly spectacular. Still have my #30 jersey.

LJ22

Chicago, IL
Thanks for posting that. Great memories. Frank was a magician. Truly spectacular. Still have my #30 jersey.
Special team. I don't think anyone has broken Bradford's consecutive games with a three pointer streak yet and it's been like 20 years.

blackdog

Champaign
ESPN did us dirty. Obviously had to show the Griffin play but the only other play they showed from the game was the Kofi midrange J instead of the two hand alley-oop And 1 monster man jam that he threw down. What a miss for a highlight.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
For the LOVE of all that is delicious and fruitful and good....it is spelled G I O R G I !!!!!
G
I
O
R
G
I

If you are doing it on purpose to be funny....it's just not funny. If you are doing it out of ignorance of the actual spelling....here you go. If you are doing it to annoy other posters...go away.
If you are doing it because you are not paying attention....pay attention. He deserves it. He is a wonderful ambassador to our university and so much fun to watch.

For the LOVE of all that is delicious and fruitful and good....it is spelled G I O R G I !!!!!
G
I
O
R
G
I

If you are doing it on purpose to be funny....it's just not funny. If you are doing it out of ignorance of the actual spelling....here you go. If you are doing it to annoy other posters...go away.
If you are doing it because you are not paying attention....pay attention. He deserves it. He is a wonderful ambassador to our university and so much fun to watch.
“Put some respect on my name”

G
I
O
R
G
I

Now we're all going to misspell Dzhorrdzhi Benasshvanilli's name wrong, just to annoy you...

Slow down, I think your track record in based upon Okie State. But, I don't disagree that Underwood is a good coach. He has been working to adapt. he made mistakes. But I'm in his corner. Seems more like his new emphasis of Trent as the primary ball handler has created more offense.
No. At SFA:

Season one started 3-2
Season two started 1-3
Season three started 2-3
It seems like about half his losses at SFA were in the first month, AND it was the same at OSU.

Chilliniwek

Chicagoland

Man, I wish Damonte had about half the offensive confidence and skill that his dad had.

Hard to live up to your Mom or Dad, especially in the public eye. Examples abound. He does have the skills to be more offensive. Seems as though he's decided to be the glue guy. He's a lockdown defender and an excellent rebounder. I just wish he'd slash to the basket when he gets the ball.

i dont think anybody realizes the pain thats coming for AG, im sure he will have a rough face to face meeting with BU, im sure a call from dad wont be pleasent either. But i believe the worst punishment he got was watching his teammates not need him

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Just finished the game on Tivo. Wow --- what a road victory!!!! Don't think I'll bother reading all 10 pages on here. I do think it's going to impact the "optimism" on this board, however, when we start predicting the outcome of the Michigan game. ILL..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina

That video was superb! Thanks for sharing. I guess that was the year we suffered AZ defeat in the Elite 8. Outstanding game by both teams. Arizona just hit some crazy long distance shots in the last 2-3 minutes.

I am so happy that Coach U has changed his game plan, both offensively and defensively. It is not easy to admit one needs to change.

I sincerely respect the coach for that. I am behind you 100% now. And the team is winning big time; better % shooting, better defense.

Congratulations to both the team and Coach U. Well done.