Illinois 79, Purdue 62 POSTGAME

It is not like he went for a chair, that is definitely outside the rules of war.
Yea, lifting that chair over his head with a threatening intent, that's absolutely a felony, on or off the Court, only worse off the Court. De Sousa owes Snacks, cause that chair was gonna hit someone if Snacks didn't take it away, and De Sousa would have gone to jail, do not pass go, do not ever collect a NBA contract. Why does a 6'9, 245 pound guy need a chair for self-defense?

He seems to play with a chip on his shoulder everynight. I would imagine he will continue to play with a lot of intensity. He’s had past incidents, so i think he’s acknowledging the boundaries between a shoulder bump like in the miami game and stepping on a player.

Fellas will pick on a kids actions whenever the opportunity arises. I've done it myself and always will :LOL: while it's easy to poke fun at a kid for behaving like one, whenever he commits an action that doesn't make people laugh, it's no longer fun and games. You get the bidness. AG's intentions were probably along the lines of wanting to be an enforcer and gritty player for his team, and if you look at how he's performed recently, the dude has earned the right to make his intentions known. Judging a kids actions is fruitless and silly as the action's themselves. AG seems like a great kid with good intentions,

Personally, I find it sad that our culture considers 18 year olds to be kids.

They are least young adults. They should be able to manage their emotions by this point. They should be certain to manage it at this level.

They are least young adults. They should be able to manage their emotions by this point. They should be certain to manage it at this level.

Agree with your sentiments, however reality is most of these 18 yr olds have always had everything given to them based on their abilities and contributions to making others around them $$$/prestige/bigger than they should become and are praised for it. What makes one think they can logically make a right decision at this kind of point in their lives, when all before has went well for them or easy for them.

Abilities = Entitlement, Entitlement = Bad Decisions?

Deleted member 29907

D

I used to think alot of things until I had kids and went through their maturing process. A typical 18 year old boy is anything but mature and far from always able to manage their emotions. I am pretty sure the general thought is their brains are not fully developed until mid 20s.

I used to think alot of things until I had kids and went through their maturing process. A typical 18 year old boy is anything but mature and far from always able to manage their emotions. I am pretty sure the general thought is their brains are not fully developed until mid 20s.

I have 5 kids. The oldest is 11. But we are homeschooling him (and the others) with the intent of keeping out of the culture that I believe keeps in thos child like state for longer than any time in human history.

My parents raised me in such a way that I got married at 20 and starting having kids at 23 completely counter to my generation, but it's been nothing but a wonderful existence this far.

(If this is getting to OT, I'll stop.)

Deleted member 29907

D
I have 5 kids. The oldest is 11. But we are homeschooling him (and the others) with the intent of keeping out of the culture that I believe keeps in thos child like state for longer than any time in human history.

My parents raised me in such a way that I got married at 20 and starting having kids at 23 completely counter to my generation, but it's been nothing but a wonderful existence this far.

I have 3 all good kids - but they can do some dumb things while growing up. Oldest is now 28 and will be an MD. Of the younger two, 1 has a masters in the healthcare field, and the youngest is on path for a DPT - so they are not dumb and they are driven kids. Not bringing this up to brag in any way - rather to say smart and very caring kids, (who were not indulged or spoiled) can make stupid decisions because, well, their brains just aren't always fully developed. Of course, your mileage may vary. I was a low maintenance kid myself - so I wasn't prepared.

I'll only state that you haven't seen anything yet at 11. God bless and I wish nothing but the best to you - but when my children were 11, I didn't have a clue how dumb they can be at times later on - but you learn from your mistakes. You need to make mistakes to grow. FYI - I've also seen complete and utter disasters of kids who entered college who were sheltered and homeschooled. They didn't know how to make their own choices and hadn't been exposed to an environment like college before. We've all known spoiled kids go crazy as well. So, there is no panacea when it comes to raising kids.

I wish you and your children all the best in the years coming forward - and I too will end it there as it has gotten way off thread.

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL

As someone who is an educator, the thing that keeps people in a child-like state longer is bad parenting. Every bad school policy I've ever seen at the district level is in response to parents insisting that our setting boundaries on their student is out of line. Children learning maturity starts at home and then they bring that into the world with them.

That being said, even bright, mature kids misfire. Those are teaching moments, like what happened two nights ago. We'll see where it goes.

I have 3 all good kids - but they can do some dumb things while growing up. Oldest is now 28 and will be an MD. Of the younger two, 1 has a masters in the healthcare field, and the youngest is on path for a DPT - so they are not dumb and they are driven kids. Not bringing this up to brag in any way - rather to say smart and very caring kids, (who were not indulged or spoiled) can make stupid decisions because, well, their brains just aren't always fully developed. Of course, your mileage may vary. I was a low maintenance kid myself - so I wasn't prepared.

I'll only state that you haven't seen anything yet at 11. God bless and I wish nothing but the best to you - but when my children were 11, I didn't have a clue how dumb they can be at times later on - but you learn from your mistakes. You need to make mistakes to grow. FYI - I've also seen complete and utter disasters of kids who entered college who were sheltered and homeschooled. They didn't know how to make their own choices and hadn't been exposed to an environment like college before. We've all known spoiled kids go crazy as well. So, there is no panacea when it comes to raising kids.

I wish you and your children all the best in the years coming forward - and I too will end it there as it has gotten way off thread.

Maybe off topic, but when I went off to the University as a freshman, one of my biggest lessons, was how these other freshman couldn't make decisions. Growing up poor with divorced parents, with a self-employed father who I handled responsibilities for, I could make decisions. So many freshman could not make decisions maybe because their parents had always made decisions for them. I saw many "flunk" out, not because they weren't intelligent enough, but because they could not make simple decisions like turning off the video games and going to bed. These "kids" at the university are still learning how to make the right decisions.

Never underestimate the stupidity of teenagers. There are reasons that 18 year olds aren’t allowed to legally buy or drink alcohol. A lack of maturity and decision making skills to name a few.

Deleted member 746963

D

He is still and adolescent/teenager. The brain doesn't stop growing and became fully developed until you are around 25 years old. Just because mankind said you can buy cigarettes and join the military at 18 does not make you a mature fully developed adult. I'm guessing you and all on here are much different people now from your 18 year old self? He made a stupid mistake and will learn from it. No biggie.

I'm not sure age has all that much to do with AG situation....people of all ages make dumb mistakes...hell some people never mature....whether it was a 9 year old jr pro player, an 18 year old high school player, or a 35 year old NBA star that stepped on the chest of an opposing player on the floor...it's a dumb mistake that carries consequences...now do the consequences vary with age....sure....sit AG for a game and demand a public apology to players, universities, and fans then move on

Deleted member 29907

D
This is what its all about!

Screenshot 2020-01-23 09.12.05.png

Watched replay of the game last night on BTN's Basketball in 60. I'm just not sure why people hate Dakich so much. He can be a bit much at times, but he often gives some good insight and was pretty effusive with his praise of the Illini and many of its players during the broadcast. I'm guessing some of the hate comes from the fact that he is pretty honest and if a team is playing poorly he says it -- and the Illini had a long stretch in the past few years when they played poorly.

Watched replay of the game last night on BTN's Basketball in 60. I'm just not sure why people hate Dakich so much. He can be a bit much at times, but he often gives some good insight and was pretty effusive with his praise of the Illini and many of its players during the broadcast. I'm guessing some of the hate comes from the fact that he is pretty honest and if a team is playing poorly he says it -- and the Illini had a long stretch in the past few years when they played poorly.

I would have given this a love reaction if it were an option. I see why he rubs people the wrong way, but I don't think those people are particularly rational.

I would have given this a love reaction if it were an option. I see why he rubs people the wrong way, but I don't think those people are particularly rational.

I totally get how people don't like Dakich as a color commentator. He defaults to hyperbole so often that it comes off more as being more about him than it does as actual rational insight. Case in point, there was a fairly mild charge called against Purdue and he said something like "that is the worst call that official has ever made!". That seems to be his style for praising players when they're doing well or kicking teams when there down. After awhile it is just annoying and not fun or funny.

That being said, he's by no means the worst guy out there and does have plenty of good moments.

I don't mind Dakich for the most part. The only times he gets on my nerves is during Michigan or Indiana games... He has a hard time burying his bias during those broadcasts.