Illinois 83, Grand Canyon 71 POSTGAME

There were some positives out of this game. They moved the ball very well. I think they played good defense for awhile - credit GCU they hit 3s. We didn’t do a good job on close out and getting hands up on the 3 ball. We need to also find a way to get Trent involved in the offense, he is too good of a player to not have plays drawn up for him. My opinion at least. I have followed this board for 3 years... this is just my first post.

azillini1

Scottsdale
I live in AZ and have been to many GCU games. It is a loud atmosphere, (like it used to be 15 years ago on our home court), but GCU is not a good team especially with 2 players suspended. I am disappointed at our guard play with the exception of Dre. Not expecting a win at U of A based upon our lack of guard defense on the perimeter.

Coach needs to assign an assistant to work with Kofi at every practice re free throws, he will be shooting many this year.

Also, Griffin is good and will be the biggest break-out this year after Cockburn.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
I'm impressed.
* Kofi is much, much better than I anticipated. Best and most important player on the court tonight.
* Feliz is so darned solid; and, he realizes a 7 footer is a higher percentage shot than one from 23 ft.
* We appear to have a 7-man rotation in big games. Hoping that Kipper or Tevian can step up to become our 8th man.

Deleted member 652751

D
Kansas, VCU, Wisky, Auburn, LSU, and Northwestern, and Mississippi State all struggled against lower tier schools tonight (especially NW 😉).

I'd say not to read too much into these last two games.

Excited for the chance to take down Zona in their house. Go Illini.

Also, Kofi needs to at least get a hand up and contest jumpers. Only thing about his game I don't like so far.
I've watched a lot of basketball in the last 40+ years and seen good and bad. Have not seen a lot of good team play yet. Individual, yes, team no. The great teams we've had have all blown out lesser opponents. Maybe basketball is different these days, but I don't think it is that much. We've got a lot to improve on and I really hope we are able to do so and get to the tournament because this has been a tough 14 years since '05.

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Anyone know how many boards Kofi ended up with?

very happy for Kofi and Feliz! slightly puzzled and disappointed because I expected them to be our 4th and 6th scoring option, but they're 1,2,3, & 4 right now. Ayo's 3 ball still looks awkward and struggled with some post feeds. Trent got burned by that 5'10 guy a bunch and was afraid to shoot. AG makes inexplicable turnovers (too much time with Kip?) DMW played fine, probably shouldn't give him the shot with 70 seconds to go if he won't shoot when we're up 12. Giorgi seemed a little invisible today.

Deleted member 4960

D
I’ve
I've watched a lot of basketball in the last 40+ years and seen good and bad. Have not seen a lot of good team play yet. Individual, yes, team no. The great teams we've had have all blown out lesser opponents. Maybe basketball is different these days, but I don't think it is that much. We've got a lot to improve on and I really hope we are able to do so and get to the tournament because this has been a tough 14 years since '05.
watched for over 40 yrs also. When has this team gone on the road and played a game this early? Don’t remember it. Also I saw a lot of good teams have trouble putting people away. It’s still early and we just played a true road game! And won by 12!

I'm impressed.
* Kofi is much, much better than I anticipated. Best and most important player on the court tonight.
* Feliz is so darned solid; and, he realizes a 7 footer is a higher percentage shot than one from 23 ft.
* We appear to have a 7-man rotation in big games. Hoping that Kipper or Tevian can step up to become our 8th man.
I know he’s looked like garbage in the two real games, but I still think BBV will be the 8th man by January. Once the game slows down for him, he will be fantastic. I’m hoping it’s this year.

I'm impressed.
Yeah, I have a feeling Hamlin got benched tonight for the foreseeable future