Illinois 85, The Citadel 57 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin

:illinois:

Last edited:

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Kofi is special. That pass he made after his last rebound....heady. Not only for a freshman big...but a kid that's only been playing for 4-5 years. Yikes.

With all that is said about our recruiting misses and struggles.....imagine if two or three years ago you said we would potentially have three legitimate All B1G Freshman in two years?

Enjoy Kofi while you can, he may only have about 30 games left with us.
BBV is an incredible find, maybe my favorite player on the team.
I saw someone ask if Feliz is the best rebounding guard in the country but he's not even the best on the team. DaMonte is.
I trashed Ayo earlier and feel bad about it but he can be so much better and we all know it.

Great game by Kofi. Wow. He is really fun to watch.

I love that he finally took one bounce spun and punished the rim!!!!, Now have him spin baseline, one bounce use the rim to block defender and punish reverse dunks! For 4.5 years in, this kid is the real deal, he will only get much much better. Still think we have him for 3 years though.

Govoner Vaugn Fan

New Orleans
Kofi has a chance to be pretty good:) Hope we are recruiting a few really good bigs as Kofi is not looking like a four year player. Ayo kind of got in form as well.

1574309321135.png

Kofi is legit, Ayo is coming around, Giorgi is effortless and Trent is leading the way. DaMonte came to defend/rebound tonight, BBV shows tremendous promise in 3 years he will be very scary to guard imo.

Overall bad start against bad undermanned team, good recovery, and very thorough finish to game. Well done, moving on.

sacraig

The desert
New question: who do we have on the radar for 2020/21 if Kofi goes pro after a year or two? (Yes I know it's early and largely against cupcakes but I'm feeling good)

New question: who do we have on the radar for 2020/21 if Kofi goes pro after a year or two? (Yes I know it's early and largely against cupcakes but I'm feeling good)
Unfortunately may be Kouma and Hamlin and Giorgi if Kofi is a 1 year guy

If Hunter Dickinson doesnā€™t sign until spring weā€™d have a good shot at him if Kofiā€™s looking like an NBA player I feel.

Last edited:
Enjoy Kofi while you can, he may only have about 30 games left with us.
BBV is an incredible find, maybe my favorite player on the team.
I saw someone ask if Feliz is the best rebounding guard in the country but he's not even the best on the team. DaMonte is.
I trashed Ayo earlier and feel bad about it but he can be so much better and we all know it.
Kofi will be here, AT MINIMUM, for two years. He's pushed Nichols State, Grand Canyon, Hawaii and The Citadel around. He struggled against Arizona. He's got the tools and apparently the work ethic to get better, but he's still extraordinarily raw and limited offensively. As we move into December, he'll start seeing front lines that can move him off the blocks and that's where he'll have to adjust. It's going to take time. If by the end of next year, he can take his game 10 to 12 feet out....he'll be ready for the next level. There's a long way to go for Kofi, but a great start.

Happy to see Ayo get it going in the 2nd half.

I know we havenā€™t played a ton of good teams yet but should we be worried about Kofi leaving after this year?
Maybe. We will have to see how he handles BiG play, but the modern NBA drafts more on potential now. And you can't teach athletic and big.

Deleted member 4960

D
Shot the ball much better in the 2nd half. Out scored them by 13 in the 1st half when we couldnā€™t hit the broad side of a barn. 2nd half by 15 when we shot better and they got hot on 3ā€™s. Iā€™ll take it. Improvement! Less turnovers!