Illinois 85, The Citadel 57 POSTGAME

I am impressed and happy that BU has adapted his defense to reduce fouls and reduce the easy shots. He has also changed his offense to utilize Kofi. The question remains on how successful it will be against BIG caliber players. We will need better shooting from the guards but I am hoping the 1-2 punch of Kofi and Giorgi will be tough to defend for most teams. My biggest surprise is how few fouls Kofi makes but think it will be a strategy for opposing BIG coaches.

Griffin is averaging 5 more points per game in slightly less minutes and all their other stats are basically identical.

All other “box score stats” are basically the same. There is so much on the defensive end of the floor that just doesn’t go into that box.

I am impressed and happy that BU has adapted his defense to reduce fouls and reduce the easy shots. He has also changed his offense to utilize Kofi. The question remains on how successful it will be against BIG caliber players. We will need better shooting from the guards but I am hoping the 1-2 punch of Kofi and Giorgi will be tough to defend for most teams. My biggest surprise is how few fouls Kofi makes but think it will be a strategy for opposing BIG coaches.

This isn’t really true. We just have the ability to look for the post up/high low options more consistently. When people were saying Tilmon wouldn’t have fit BU’s offense because the big starts at the high post, this is the part of the offense I was talking about when I kept reiterating that he would have been fine.

Also, we isolated Giorgi in the post a ton last year.

But also I agree we need better shooting from our guards. As much as we can go inside to Kofi, we need to be able to hit the open kick outs that come off of it or he will get swarmed and become less useful.

This isn’t really true. We just have the ability to look for the post up/high low options more consistently. When people were saying Tilmon wouldn’t have fit BU’s offense because the big starts at the high post, this is the part of the offense I was talking about when I kept reiterating that he would have been fine.

Also, we isolated Giorgi in the post a ton last year.

But also I agree we need better shooting from our guards. As much as we can go inside to Kofi, we need to be able to hit the open kick outs that come off of it or he will get swarmed and become less useful.
Guess it just looks different to me when they have Giorgi at the high post and Kofi low and visa versa. Probably just looks different when they had smaller players with Giorgi. Didn’t think anyone but Giorgi was very effective in the pinch post.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I feel like the most entertaining part of this board this year will be the continued comments and likes for Damonte getting fewer minutes!
Keep em' coming boys! I will love every minute of his effort!
His last two efforts have been great, but all you can look at are the points!

The coaches know so much more than you about his all around contribution it's barely worth mentioning, but you guys keep doing you!