Illinois 89, Detroit 69 POSTGAME

Suspect post defense, but the refs were a little whistle happy. Need to get better for sure in that area, but it may not have been quite as bad as it seemed.

Happy with pretty much everything else. Glad to see T-bone get the and 1 at the end. He's going to be special

In honor of 70Math, I'll make the first observation.
Feel free to add in, please
1) JT's best game in some time, I thought. Moved the ball well and just generally ran a clean show.

I was in and out of the game, so this may not be the most accurate post, but it seemed to me that Mike Thorne a) got a lot of minutes to the exclusion of Mav, b) played great with the basketball, c) played really poorly without the basketball. Frustrating.

But, overall, good game. More consistent than previous games against similar opponents.

defense wasn't the greatest but the offense was ok. A win is a win is a win

illinitrav

NW Suburbs
Led from start to finish and game was never in doubt. Much better in comparison to the SEMO and NKU games. Competition gets much tougher now.

UofIChE06

Pittsburgh
I was in and out of the game, so this may not be the most accurate post, but it seemed to me that Mike Thorne a) got a lot of minutes to the exclusion of Mav, b) played great with the basketball, c) played really poorly without the basketball. Frustrating.

But, overall, good game. More consistent than previous games against similar opponents.

Well Mav fouled out so there is that.

Got to be one of the most foul-ridden games on record, at least we won, but the refs came in a close second, not Detroit. The other winners were Leron and Kipper with their moves on the bench in celebration. Onto to win #5 against Winthrop, go Illini!!

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
2 more wins and we're bowl eligib....oh, never mind.

Entertaining game. Thorne has conditioning work to do, and I think that's why he got minutes tonight. Hill had a good game, JT looked great, and Finke works so hard. We need to work on the turnovers. 15 isn't horrible, but this wasn't a particular tight defense.

Deleted member 4960

D
Those refs were foul happy. Mav didn't really foul out.

Actually Morgan played poorly in his 17 minutes. Finke, IMO, had a poor game for him. It will be interesting to see what the rotation is like as the season progresses. I think we'll be alright.

Bench Conduct

Is Leron Black & Co. trying to be the next Monmouth bench mob to entertain? How does Groce feel about this?

JCL with 6 boards, didn't score as many as he would have liked but good job pushing the ball in transition, rotating on defense and outworking his man.

Refs really interrupted the flow, but the boys took care of business. Miles better than last year so far.