Illinois 95, North Carolina A&T 64 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin

Last edited:
Does anybody know if this game will get rebroadcast?

Overall, It was a good win. We took care of business. Alan has a great game, ayo and kofi has a fantastic game. Feliz played well. I thought Damonte played really well - wish he would keep that momentum. Trent and Giorgi struggled - that worries me a little. Our defense was sloppy at times especially in transition and that won’t fly against MSU. Wish tev would have been in earlier and wish he would give kip some more time. One thing I want to criticize is the substitution again. They seem to be at the wrong times and hard to get in the flow. Also the slow offensive start. Other than that solid game

Bailey

Los Angeles
Starting to think that's just about it for Tevian's shot. Part of that has to do with Alan playing well too.

Starting to think that's just about it for Tevian's shot. Part of that has to do with Alan playing well too.
I think Tevian can play the 4 also and should have giorgi at times play at the 5 to spell Kofi...

As expected, we played solid, consistant and had mostly decent defense and rebounding....ALL against a vastly inferior team. Lets do it conference now, and then we will see where we really can get to. Padgett was pretty favorable for us, loved how he stated Kofi needs that DUNK mentality on EVERY low post play. Amen!

Griffin is the catalyst from now on, I stated before and really believe it now. Rest of the team played well, Ayo out performed their guards as he should.

Big Tev fan, he looks a little stiff out there. Glad he got a little bit more minutes, but going to be tough to get minutes from Kipper.

Thought Damonte played well, he is a solid defender and rebounder and it showed today. Hitting two 3's was nice to see.

Liked that Trent ran point and Ayo was at the wing. Think this works better for both. Trent's offensive outburst over the ladt two years have come with the ball in his hands and hitting the 3.

Giorgi played fine, he just likes to feed Kofi. Sometimes a bit to much.

Two things that really stood out-

1. Every time the Big man get's the ball he puts it down low instead of going straight up upon the catch- This scrappy NC ATT team was all over that move. Yes I know Kofi tore it up against a much smaller team but come Big 10 play he needs to stop doing that.

2. Illinois is really lacking on defense intensity just way to many plays where the offense blows by them and we are flat footed watching.

This is a young team with a ton of talent- They seem to lack one thing- Confidence.

I wouldn't be very confident if I just got humiliated in front of thousands by that Missouri team either.

1. Every time the Big man get's the ball he puts it down low instead of going straight up upon the catch- This scrappy NC ATT team was all over that move. Yes I know Kofi tore it up against a much smaller team but come Big 10 play he needs to stop doing that.

2. Illinois is really lacking on defense intensity just way to many plays where the offense blows by them and we are flat footed watching.

This is a young team with a ton of talent- They seem to lack one thing- Confidence.

Confidence starts at the top.

My favorite highlight tape this year...featured assists and ball movement. And AGs putback dunk is definitely worthy of multiple angles.

Someone said crowd wouldn't be very good. Best crowd of the tear attendance wise. If Jones isn't gonna play significant minutes i wish they would have red-shirted him. I was at game crowd was really pulling for him.
Early second half team was not getting back on D. Can't have that at, MSU. First half 3 point defense was hope they miss, NC, had some open shots and made em'. Did better 2nd half not giving open looks.
At times during the game Underwood, had Kofi stay in lane on high pick and roll. I don't care for that too much. On other occasions he was up even did a good job staying with his man when he got caught on the switch.
Griffin, had good game but i wanna see him take a step forward and shoot the ball with confidence at, MSU.
Giorgi, did not play well, Very unsure when he put the ball up. I don't think BU was that pleased with his play. Assists, yeah, that was good.
I think BU is wanting better D out of , Jones. Not sure he trusts him out there. Really got after him for not being up on his man for a 1st half 3 that went in.

I think the "ton of talent" is the part that is TBD. There are some guys out there that I'm not sure are living up to what they were billed to be. Then there are others who at one point were outstanding, but now they're on the back of a milk carton.

The real season starts now. Hopefully our "ton of talent" starts putting it on display regularly.

In my mind, the Miami and Missouri game need to be accounted for by winning a couple that we're not expected to(@ MSU). Need to find a path to 20 wins.

I think BU is wanting better D out of , Jones. Not sure he trusts him out there. Really got after him for not being up on his man for a 1st half 3 that went in.

IMO, the defense of jones is what limits his minutes. If he was a stellar defender, he probably wouldn't be suspended as much.

Great game. Granted competition not great.

GO ILLINI!

I thought it was interesting that NCA&T calls a timeout with ~1:30 to go, no substitutions, and they come out stalling on offense. The only thing that made sense was they didn't want us to put up 100 on them. I don't think I've seen a team do that before.