Illinois 99, Rutgers 94 OT POSTGAME

illini80

Forgottonia
How was that "block" by Giorgi at the end of the game on Harper's 'three' not a foul?
If you get the ball, they often overlook the contact after unless it is blatant. That’s my observation at least.

I was thinking the same thing.. Upsides and downsides of cupcakes vs. strength of schedule.
With cupcakes we likely make the NIT, but without SOS would development have been as rapid?

I doubt the development would've been near as rapid and that's what this year is about...a springboard to next year's success.

BillyBob1

Champaign
Funny moment from Rebounders lunch. Someone asked about Giorgi bouncing the ball high off the court on in bounds plays. Coaches response, “that has been addressed.” Nothing else!

Deleted member 29907

D
Funny moment from Rebounders lunch. Someone asked about Giorgi bouncing the ball high off the court on in bounds plays. Coaches response, “that has been addressed.” Nothing else!
Ha. I think he does that to give himself a head start to get down the court before the guard - but the habit is a problem if someone on the defense decides to try to jump that bounce.

I give GB credit - in the last game he immediately noticed the full court press coming and called for a guard to take the ball out and set the team up - he really is very mature for a frosh.

What! They are going back to rolling it.